What's new

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to hear you guys are still waiting for replacement discs.

It took some time for my replacement disc to arrive. I still would not give up and keep trying.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What email address did you use? I got my replacement emailing this address: [email protected]

I also sent them a copy of my receipt and my shipping address in the email.
Last week, I finally broke down and bought this 4K set. This morning I sent Universal a photos of Psycho and the 4K set with my contact information to that email address.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mr. Harris, a question, which you may or may not have already answered somewhere:

Why was your restoration commentary track from the DVD of VERTIGO not ported over to the Blu-ray nor the current 4K releases?

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Just received an email notification from Universal stating that an upcoming delivery will occur in “2-4 weeks”.
My above comment was posted on March 11th.

My actual email from Universal was received on March 10th.

So, here we are again. Day 29. And still no FedEx nor signs of any replacement discs.-_-

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
This is the 31st day since Universal sent me a promissory email stating a 2-4 week window for the arrival of my replacement discs.

I would be far less miffed had they never sent me their notice from the start.

Hey Universal, what’s the holdup? :angry:

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I keep telling myself that the disc will arrive any day now.
“Arriving any day now” is a truism, but it’s just not going to be any one of those 208 days that I, myself, have waited upon; and yes, for the very first time, I actually counted the calendar dates before making this post.

The expediency of WAC’s disc replacement program is exemplary. Fantastic customer service and superior communications.

I’m starting to believe the prophetic joke and posting of another HTF member who had predicted an arrival date of Halloween. Which Halloween, though, is anyone’s bet.

Last edited:

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
From what I've read here, it's either hit or miss. Some people get their replacement in less than a month, and other people, like me, have been waiting for many, many months.

Probably a lot of their correspondence has fallen through the cracks due to Covid. No excuses though. The customer shouldn't be ignored.

I've said several times that I would just submit another request. And that's probably what I'll end up doing. I would like to have Psycho in the original mono mix. But for now, the one with the 5.1 mix will do.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
From what I've read here, it's either hit or miss. Some people get their replacement in less than a month, and other people, like me, have been waiting for many, many months.

Probably a lot of their correspondence has fallen through the cracks due to Covid. No excuses though. The customer shouldn't be ignored.
Yeah, it's not the end of the world and I'm not fuming mad or anything but with an apparently large number of people having received theirs long ago, I think it's very fair to have expected Universal to have made good for everyone by now.

• Agreed

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Yeah, it's not the end of the world and I'm not fuming mad or anything but with an apparently large number of people having received theirs long ago, I think it's very fair to have expected Universal to have made good for everyone by now.
Agreed, it is not the end of the world. Not by a light year. My fuming, though, is based on having once already walked away from this overly extended debacle; the forgiving and forgetting of it all, as they say; only then to be pulled right back in by a branch of Universal contacting me with a promissory email stating a firm date of 14-28 days, and still not making good on their own self-created word. Stuff like that has zip to do with Covid,

Last edited:

stevenHa

Second Unit
I sent my 1st notice around Sept 21, then Jan 13, Mar 4, and last time was Apr 6 - I couldn't have fallen thru the cracks all the time - aren't sales of popular discs usually about 3000 - for such a big organization there should have been some response. I don't think I will make anymore purchases from them until this is addressed.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
A walk will do a body good. As I was nearing our local convenient store I spied, at the set of traffic lights ahead, the glorious sight of a FedEx van. My chest and throat had a rush and a surge. I stopped. I froze. I didn’t take another step forward. I just simply watched. The traffic lights had finally changed from red to green. There were two cars in front of the van. Both the first and second vehicle slowly turned a right, heading my way, and towards where I reside. Then, as the FedEx driver began his own forward creeping roll, he broke rank, took a left, and soon disappeared while going in the opposite direction.

Well, at least the convenience store was having a “Buy Three - Get a $1.50 off” sale on cigarettes. Yup, if you try hard enough, one can always find the advantage to their day.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i will purchase this set when ever the problems with it are settled and taken care of. Will probably order from Amazon once i hear people are successfully getting the corrected disc(s). Any guesses as to when that might be?? Thanks.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah and as a guy who is griping about the replacement disc process, I'd still say it's the best way to get the set right now. I think if even the solo Psycho 4K disc is the corrected one, there's probably many of the Hitchcock sets that will still have the uncorrected discs that are going to continue to be shipped to stores for years to come.

• Agreed

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Here is my guess. Of those who have the interest in hearing the original mono sound design, and have not yet received their replacement disc, they would have to take one for the team and purchase the stand-alone 4K/UHD at an extra cost. The initial error of mono omission had occurred separately and was not at all intentional; whereas the current debacle of Universal’s disc replacement program is sporadic and increasingly without credibility.

One might be surprised to learn that I would still strongly recommend and encourage a purchase of this set. “Vertigo”, “The Birds” and “Rear Window” look and sound so exquisite that the merits of these three films, alone, fully justifies the price of admission. And, again, “Psycho”; without its intended inclusion of the mono track; also provides the same levels of picture perfections, as seen with the other 3 titles.

Here’s my advice. Get the set, skip the wear-and-tear of letter writing and; if mono inclined; buy the stand-alone upon its release and simply call it a day. My guess is that this current blunder is unlikely to ever be repeated by Universal, again. As it is, this studio has consistently provided us with many other recent and stellar 4K/UHD transfers; inclusive of “Jaws” and “Spartacus”.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks