What's new

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sigh. What's wrong with it?
I assume that he means that in the uncut version, Arbogast gets stabbed two times without yelling but that third stab is what makes him scream. In other words, the reintegration of the first two stabs doesn't have any audio from Arbogast (I figure it was lost, if it ever existed) but the third time he gets stabbed, he yells now instead of the much more logical "one stab and he yells" like in the edited version.

Last edited:

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
He gets stabbed twice and then screams on the third stab. It's wrong. Compare the German version, which IS correct.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
I assume that he means that in the uncut version, Arbogast gets stabbed two times without yelling but that third stab is what makes him scream. In other words, the reintegration of the first two stabs doesn't have any audio from Arbogast (I figure it was lost, if it ever existed) but the third time he gets stabbed, he yells now instead of the much more logical "one stab and he yells" like in the edited version.

Maybe Mrs. Bates missed stabbing Arbogast on the first and second tries, or that maybe stabs did not hurt until the third try?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well I guess its Tuesday today, FedEx just delivered the 4K UHD replacement disc.
Well, Fed Ex's web site does day Ground delivers Monday-Friday. My prior comment was based on something I just read in the shipping policy at WeatherTech where I placed an order.

FedEx web site:

[TD valign="top"] Service days [/TD][TD valign="top"]Monday–Friday. Delivery is by the end of the business day.[/TD]

WeatherTech web site:
When will the package be delivered?
FedEx Ground packages are delivered Tuesday through Saturday.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Mine was delivered yesterday and yes, the Fedex driver required my signature. Why Universal is shipping a replacement disc in a padded envelope "signature required" during a pandemic is beyond me. Anyway, as expected, all I received was the 4K disc. No Blu-ray. At least it was in a keepcase this time. Now I have to decide whether or not I want to bother trying to get a corrected BRD as well.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Why Universal is shipping a replacement disc in a padded envelope "signature required" during a pandemic is beyond me.
Probably an added barrier/inconvenience so people will think twice about asking for replacements. Lower costs for them if some people just say the original disc is "good enough" if they have to go through the hassle of a signature delivery to get the replacement.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
My thinking on the signature is they probably want to make sure it’s getting to the right person. And regarding having to sign in the pandemic, since it’s started, the few times a FedEx package came, I just asked the guy through the door to sign it for me and leave the package and they obliged.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Probably an added barrier/inconvenience so people will think twice about asking for replacements. Lower costs for them if some people just say the original disc is "good enough" if they have to go through the hassle of a signature delivery to get the replacement.
Not even a FedEx signature shall thwart my rubber-gloved hands from getting this original Mono track. Nice try, Universal; so give it up and please send mine, today.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

cinemel1

Second Unit
Real Name
Mel Matsil
Based on Bruce Kimmel’s writings, not even this pandemic shall thwart my rubber-gloved hands from getting this original Mono track. Nice try, Universal; so give it up and please send mine, today.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Received second copy of Psycho a couple of days ago. Looked (and listened) to parts last night. Original mono track sounds fine. I’ll give the other 2 discs away to friends who wouldn’t care even if the whole film were colorized and in 3D. I also listened to most of the commentary which was on early editions of the film. Lots of excellent supplements, as on earlier edition. The making of documentary is especially good with comments by Janet Leigh and Patricia Hitchcock.

Reactions: PMF

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
My thinking on the signature is they probably want to make sure it’s getting to the right person. And regarding having to sign in the pandemic, since it’s started, the few times a FedEx package came, I just asked the guy through the door to sign it for me and leave the package and they obliged.

I find it to be misguided and it just overly complicates the process. Why should I have to be home and sign for the delivery of a small plastic disc? All Universal should need to do is verify that it was delivered, and that doesn't require anyone signing anything. Instead they decided to inconvenience the customer even further. YMMV.

Reactions: PMF

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Yeah....mine got returned to sender because I'm always at work when they attempted delivery. They tried 3 times and now on it's way back to CA. And I'm done with it. I hate it, but like others, no more preorders for me. Waiting for reliable reviews and word of mouth before I purchase from now on.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Yeah....mine got returned to sender because I'm always at work when they attempted delivery. They tried 3 times and now on it's way back to CA. And I'm done with it. I hate it, but like others, no more preorders for me. Waiting for reliable reviews and word of mouth before I purchase from now on.
With my damned luck, FedEx will probably arrive while I’m taking a shower.:rolleyes:

Dave MJ

Second Unit
I agree the scream on the first stab makes more sense. That's how it is on the English track of the uncut Turbine release. But it doesn't bother me enough to be upset about it. Just glad to have the original mix on the 4k.

RetroGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Edwards
Mine finally arrived this evening, but it was just the 4K disc (and I did have to sign for it). Why they didn't include the Blu-ray is beyond me. I don't yet have a 4K setup, so this 4K disc isn't of much use to me right now. Guess I'll have to see if I can get them to send me the Blu-ray, though I don't relish the thought of having to go through this again.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I agree the scream on the first stab makes more sense. That's how it is on the English track of the uncut Turbine release. But it doesn't bother me enough to be upset about it. Just glad to have the original mix on the 4k.
Yeah, getting the original soundtrack makes it worth the 'oddness'.

I might be totally wrong but is it possible that the dialogue/scream is mixed in with the score so it can't really be moved to the moment when he's first stabbed?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I got the below email this morning from Universal Vision Media Management. Hopefully this includes both the 4K and Blu ray.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for letting us know your address. A replacement copy will be sent to you within 2-4 weeks.

We value your satisfaction with our products and hope that you will enjoy this and future Universal releases.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks