What's new

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I used the Universal link that was posted several pages ago. It asked for my name and email and what the disc is and the problem. There was no way to enclose proof of purchase. i wanted to show it too. Maybe they will email me back to ask.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Replacement discs are being arranged by Sony DADC in the UK. They emailed me on 23 September saying "we will ensure you are sent a new discs within the next month". Still waiting. As far as I know they didn't mail out any of the uncorrected discs to UK addresses.

Reactions: PMF

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I got two emails from Universal! :). The first was repeating all the details I wrote in the form on the Universal site. The second email asking me to send them my contact info, what type of disc(s) I want and copy of receipt or photo of the packaging. So that’s a good sign!

I wish I got this kind of confirmation for my request to replace the disc on the Flintstones set.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
My replacement replacement came this morning. This time the disc is packaged in a full size 4K bluray case!
l
9503619F-F9ED-4A53-AF42-32E876AB7076.jpeg

I will test it out later today

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
So it looks like they're only replacing the 4K disc and not the blu-ray as well?

• Insightful

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The email I got from Universal asked me if I wanted the 4K or blu ray or both. I’m asking for both since my set has both.

They didn't ask me anything. Hopefully both will be included in the package that' being delivered tomorrow, but still, I'm not holding my breath. This whole frustrating situation has been a CF from the beginning.

pjones

Grip
Real Name
Peter
My second replacement arrived today, despite latest FedEx status of delivery on Monday, and no signature was required (also contrary to the Fedex notifications). As reported above, thankfully not just a naked disc floating in the padded envelope like with the first replacement (there were boot prints on the envelope).
Confirmed on this one that at 47:10 of the mono track there is no faucet squeak like there is on the multi-channel track (and shower water sounds much different, etc.)

IMG_8561.jpg

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
They didn't ask me anything. Hopefully both will be included in the package that' being delivered tomorrow, but still, I'm not holding my breath. This whole frustrating situation has been a CF from the beginning.

The universal email said to inform them which disc, 4K, blu ray or 4K & Blu Ray. Then to include shipping address, phone number and a copy of the receipt or photo of the disc and packaging. And send it to:

[email protected]

I sent this off this morning. So maybe a few weeks I’ll see what I get. :)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This is ridiculous. I don't understand why they just don't automatically send BOTH DISCS. Obviously, if you've purchased this set, Psycho has the defective mono audio track on BOTH DISCS. They never asked me this question, so I'll bet my bottom dollar that when my stupid SIGNATURE REQUIRED Fedex delivery shows up it will ONLY be the 4K UHD, again, and I'll have to contact them, yet AGAIN, to get the corrected Blu-ray. IF they've managed to actually rectify the problem and send out a disc with the correct mono track that is.

I've never experienced a more botched-up disc replacement program since I've been involved with home theater.

pjones

Grip
Real Name
Peter
The universal email said to inform them which disc, 4K, blu ray or 4K & Blu Ray. Then to include shipping address, phone number and a copy of the receipt or photo of the disc and packaging. And send it to:

[email protected]

I sent this off this morning. So maybe a few weeks I’ll see what I get. :)
My email from Universal, which was back on October 1, did not say to tell them which disc type, though in my response with "photo of the disc and the packaging" my photo clearly showed both the 4K and the Blu-ray discs of Psycho—yet as shown above, I've only received replacements for the 4K/UHD disc.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Sorry if this was brought up before, but did anyone else have a freezing problem with Vertigo about 48 minutes into the film? Is this a player (Sony UBP-X700) issue or a disc issue?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This is ridiculous. I don't understand why they just don't automatically send BOTH DISCS. Obviously, if you've purchased this set, Psycho has the defective mono audio track on BOTH DISCS. They never asked me this question, so I'll bet my bottom dollar that when my stupid SIGNATURE REQUIRED Fedex delivery shows up it will ONLY be the 4K UHD, again, and I'll have to contact them, yet AGAIN, to get the corrected Blu-ray. IF they've managed to actually rectify the problem and send out a disc with the correct mono track that is.

I've never experienced a more botched-up disc replacement program since I've been involved with home theater.
it’s unbelievable that they are sending only one disc. It will be interesting to see what we in the U.K. receive through Sony. I was never asked what I wanted but sent them a photo of both discs.

I see that someone at the other place received 2 discs - both of them 4K !!

Last edited:
  • Insightful

pjones

Grip
Real Name
Peter
Sorry if this was brought up before, but did anyone else have a freezing problem with Vertigo about 48 minutes into the film? Is this a player (Sony UBP-X700) issue or a disc issue?
Some people reported freezing around that timestamp earlier in this thread. FWIW, mine played without freezing on my Oppo UHD-203, but at least some of the reports here with Oppo 203s.

• Insightful

Paul Bosquet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
FedEx tried to deliver today and no one was home. Scheduled for the next business day which FedEx apparently thinks is Tuesday?

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
I got mine. It's too bad the audio is still messed up when Arbogast is stabbed in the "uncut" version. But whatever at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    blitz
    Recent bookmarks