What's new

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Here’s a primer of interest that might place everyone deeper into Janet Leigh’s driver seat, when next viewing “Psycho”.

By today’s dollar, $40,000 in 1960 is equal to $351,729.

Buying a Trade-In car with cash?

By today’s dollar, $700 in 1960 is equal to $6,155.

Once researching this fact, my viewing tensions
had become renewed and my immense appreciations for the Bernard Herrmann score had further increased within its urgent and high-stakes feel.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
By today’s dollar, $700 in 1960 is equal to $6,155.
I don't think it was the money in the car scene, but her odd behavior that would have made me refuse to deal with her. $6k isn't a huge amount of cash to have on hand even today. But the fact that she was in such a hurry, and was basically willing to buy the car nearly sight-unseen with no test drive, inspection, or anything, would have raised major red flags. I would not have dealt with her.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Here’s a primer of interest that should place anyone deeper into Janet Leigh’s driver seat, when next viewing “Psycho”.

By today’s dollar, $40,000 in 1960 is equal to $351,729.
Still not nearly enough money to be able to disappear and live off for the rest of your life.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
[...]But the fact that she was in such a hurry, and was basically willing to buy the car nearly sight-unseen with no test drive, inspection, or anything, would have raised major red flags. I would not have dealt with her.
Of those I’ve encountered, the typical car salesman would still close the deal; red flags or not.:D
Still not nearly enough money to be able to disappear and live off for the rest of your life.
You apparently don’t clip coupons.:lol:

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Last night I streamed The Birds in 4K/HDR, and I agree with others that this is the best it has ever looked. I was particularly impressed with how much more seamlessly live action and rear projection have been blended in this transfer, particularly in the process shots where Tippi is trapped in the phone booth and we see in the background various actions and activities.

I watched the digital version recently and I 100% agree with you.

I will watch the other 3 titles soon.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Marion believed she'd live forever just on that money.

I think she figured the money would be enough for her and Sam to run away and start fresh somewhere. They could use the cash to seed this move and create new identities in a place where they'd get jobs under those assumed names...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I still have not requested a corrected disc yet. I hope one of you guys gets the corrected disc, and soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks