What's new

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
Mine was delivered today via Fedex, direct signature of the addressee required. Here's what I got. As others have mentioned, the bare disc was stuffed into a standard manila bubble mailer with no protection whatsoever. Luckily the disc is undamaged. I have yet to check and see if the mono track is correct or not, but I really don't see why I should bother. We all know that it's not:

IMG_4116.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: PMF

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Why can’t Universal place these discs in a firm and protective cardboard sleeve?

Hopefully, the second-round of “corrected” discs will also provide a better care of delivery.

Last edited:

Dave MJ

Second Unit
Mine just arrived in a loose envelope, but surprisingly were not scratched. I checked both versions of the movie on UHD and blu-ray discs and most definitely the remix, not the original. It really does boggle the mind that this happened twice.

• Agreed

murrayThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Murray Thompson
Well they never ever fixed the Overture to West Side Story all those years ago so Im not sure why anyone ever thought they would fix this. This stuff has been going on for years, its really a waste of time complaining as I dont think it ever gets to the right people :angry:

Real Name
Christian
After receiving various sets like the Criterion Godzilla; the AH; and some 5.1 audio box sets, it begs the question if anybody in the marketing ever TESTED to see how difficult it is to remove/insert the discs. There really is a more simple less unwieldy solution.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
We received the 4k UHD replacement Sunday via FedEx. Even though tracking stated a signature would be required, they just left the envelop at the front door. Also amazed disc was not damaged.
Is there any identifier to compare it to the original? Also, are they replacing the Blu-ray as well?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I was sent the wrong disc. I asked for a BD replacement but was sent the UHD instead. As I do not have a UHD player, this is of no use to me.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Like I said the other day, should I keep procrastinating before I request the replacement disc?

Josh, I thought the replacement discs was supposed to include the 4K disc and the blu ray disc. I’ll have to read up on that.

Sorry to hear so far everyone is getting a disc that doesn't have the corrected mono track.

• Appreciate

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I can’t make any recommendation at this time. It probably can’t hurt to request it but probably won’t help much yet either.

I just feel kinda bad for everyone involved. QCing and assembling a release during a pandemic when multiple parties are working remotely is complicated. Doing a replacement even more so. Universal has experienced a lot of layoffs during this time, meaning an ever smaller group is trying to do the same work, and it must be demoralizing. And then there’s the third party company contracted to do replacements that seems to be making a good faith effort to send out replacements, only it seems from both the uncorrected discs and haphazard packaging that for whatever reason they don’t have all the tools they need to do the job they have to do. I don’t know who’s to blame. It may be that there isn’t one person to be upset at but just a bunch of stuff that in the most unlikely fashion all went wrong at the same time.

I do hope they get their act together and figure it out and I do think they’re acting in good faith. It just seems like they can’t catch a break right now.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Josh, I think I’ll wait another week and see if any news comes out about this.

I agree this has been the perfect storm for the Psycho release. I agree it’s not anyone’s fault, but a series of errors occurred.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Definitely. But it may be one of those things that just slipped through the cracks, where Universal assumed that the third party service company would provide them, and the third party company might have assumed if they weren’t provided not to use them, or wasn’t given a budget for it.

It all seems like the kind of thing that’s not an issue when everyone is working a few feet away from everyone else but becomes a mess because no one can actually see what the other is doing. Who knows, maybe the person who would normally make sure this didn’t happen got laid off during one of the pandemic purges.

Like I said, I just feel kinda bad. It’s just money being wasted at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasonJJJ