What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Tales from the Crypt - Bordello of Blood -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Bordello of Blood, directed by Gilbert Adler, the producer of films such as House on Haunted Hill (1999), Ghost Ship, Superman Returns, and Valkyrie, fares less well than it's counterpart on Blu-ray.

Again, for fans of the series only, Scream Factory has released the title to Blu-ray.

Grain comes to the fore, along with a bit of sharpening.  Not a massive amount, and nothing that damages the image, but overall, the Blu-ray ends up with a slightly electronic appearance.

Image - 3

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 3.5

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I remember going to see this one in a theater when it came out. It looked really cheap.

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
Awful movie. They had so much trouble with the Tales from the Crypt film series. Three features were originally planned, but after Demon Knight, everything went to hell. There were two potential follow-ups on the table, and Bordello of Blood is neither of them. It appears that those two scripts were not yet ready to go, so the producers just rushed a From Dusk Till Dawn rip-off into production instead. The resulting film is unscary, unfunny, and just grates horribly on the nerves. Even the wrap segments are stolen from an episode of the HBO series (Assassin). By the time Dennis Miller quips, "I feel like I'm in a bad Tales from the Crypt episode," the only response I can muster is, "You are...and it's going on way too long."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks