What's new

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ok that’s fine but did you look at the clip?

I promise to not badger you any further on this.
:^)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I never noticed that before. I always thought it odd the way she looks at Clark after he "bumps" into her. In the movie she looks pissed at him. Now I get it. I can't believe I have seen the movie so many times, and never noticed that.

Reactions: PMF

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Ok that’s fine but did you look at the clip?

I promise to not badger you any further on this.
:^)
I did. It was my favorite film growing up. Seen it dozens of times. Never looked like anything other than an embarrassing “bump.”

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I have the 2 disc Warner/Rhino set. How much of an upgrade are we looking at with this new release?
I'd say, judging by the samples on LLL's site alone, the answer is it's a delicious upgrade (plus at least one never before released track that will apparently bring a tear to your eye).

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I have the 2 disc Warner/Rhino set. How much of an upgrade are we looking at with this new release?
It's a pretty substantial sonic upgrade. Content wise, they're pretty similar (although the Rhino doesn't have the intended march for the opening). That release was made up of the album master combined with various mixing elements, which were several generations away from the original tape.

For this release we've utilized the original 2" tapes, the tapes that literally ran through the machine as the music was being performed, and transferred it to digital at 192/24. All of the music is from this element.

Neil

Britton

Screenwriter
It's a pretty substantial sonic upgrade. Content wise, they're pretty similar (although the Rhino doesn't have the intended march for the opening). That release was made up of the album master combined with various mixing elements, which were several generations away from the original tape.

For this release we've utilized the original 2" tapes, the tapes that literally ran through the machine as the music was being performed, and transferred it to digital at 192/24. All of the music is from this element.

Neil

I have my order in with La-La-Land, but how does this latest release stack up against the awesome "Superman: The Music" Boxed Set from Film Score Monthly (of course I am just referring to the first movie's score)?

Britton

Screenwriter
Be warned (Jor-El). The 5.1 track on iTunes is the 2001 Thau mix and not the 5.1 track from the 4K disc, which is derived from the original 70mm six-track split surround mix.

UGH. I think it was you who said it, but the Thau audio has no place in the theatrical version of this movie. I skipped the theatrical re-release of this movie at the end of last year because of this.

The Thau track was created for the Special Edition and I strongly feel it should be confined to that cut.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I have my order in with La-La-Land, but how does this latest release stack up against the awesome "Superman: The Music" Boxed Set from Film Score Monthly (of course I am just referring to the first movie's score)?
Again, content wise it's pretty similar. The alternate "Fortress of Solitude" debuts here and the alternate "I Can Fly" is a little different. Using the first generation tapes transferred in high resolution brings Superman closer to the source than ever before.

Neil

Britton

Screenwriter
Again, content wise it's pretty similar. The alternate "Fortress of Solitude" debuts here and the alternate "I Can Fly" is a little different. Using the first generation tapes transferred in high resolution brings Superman closer to the source than ever before.

Neil

I did notice the track listings were very similar to the FSM set, so I was curious about how significant of a sonic upgrade I will get versus that set. Of course my order is already placed, so it's kind of a moot point now!

john a hunter

Screenwriter

Neil
Shame then it hasn't been released in hi rez multichannel on BD or SACD.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I compared with the clips on La La Land's site and the old Rhino cd--the sound difference is night and day. But does the new version leave out "Luthor's Luau?"

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks