What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ St. Elmo's Fire -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Joel Schumacher's St. Elmo's Fire isn't one of the "great" films of its era (1985), but it's a film that I've always found appealing. The film is peopled with slightly older -- post-college -- age characters, as opposed to the high school "brat pack" productions, which share some of the same talent.

One could almost create a film festival just around the half dozen or so films inclusive of Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo's Fire and "About Last Night..." mixing and matching actors and scripts as teenage confusion and angst turns into post college recognition of a real world -- at least for some. These films fit neatly between films concerning early teens and the likes of the 1983 classic The Big Chill. Now there's a film that need to appear on Blu-ray!

As a transfer, St. Elmo looks much as it did in theaters, which is just fine. Columbia / Sony has created a quality Blu-ray, which should appeal to anyone seeking the film. Hopefully those who haven't yet seen St. Elmo's Fire will give it a try on Blu. Excellent image along with Dolby TruHD audio quality.

Recommended.

RAH
Edited by Robert Harris - 8/16/2009 at 07:38 pm GMT

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Netflix shipped this today.
Somehow this one has slipped by me over the years, along with About Last Night....

I'll be looking at both sometime the next few days or so.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
It's in the mail on it's way to me now, haven't seen this one since the 80's, looking very forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks