What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Speed -- in BD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Jan de Bont's Speed marked a major point of departure of Keanu Reeves, who had been giving fine performances for a number of years. He first came to my attention in 1986 in Tim Hunter's dark teen film The River's Edge. For Sandra Bullock, Speed was the fast track to major studio roles.

With the exception of several bit parts and the pedestrian dialogue that went with them, the film is still the terrific roller coaster ride that it was on release.

The film fared well on laserdisc and later on widescreen DVD, but with the release on Blu-Ray by Fox, its home theater life takes on entirely new proportions.

Gleamingly clean, with proper color, grain and densities, this BD release is precisely like viewing a print of the film on a home theater sized screen. The audio, lossless on the disc, but not yet on my system, is amazing, even at its more moderate bit rate. In fact, listening to this release via 7.1 as processed by Lexicon, it is nothing less than (I'll say it again) amazing.

Speed remains, one score later, a terrific movie, and now in BD, a superb home theater experience.

With the help of Fox, Blu-Ray hits the big time.

Very Highly Recommended.

RAH

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Awesome. I was waiting for the review of this film. Question though, how is the lfe on this title?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Yes that is correct. I looked at it today and there was definitely lfe present. All in all a great soundtrack and image.

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
This was going to be one of my first Fox BD reviews but it doesn't work in my player!!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks