What's new

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I purchased the iTunes HD version when it was $4.99. As Mark-P pointed out, it was upgraded to 4K Dolby Vision this week. :banana:

Mark

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe
it's (hopefully) a good sign that Disney is releasing Fox product in 4k.
Gives me hope that my most wanted 4K upgrade--Planet of the Apes (2001... jk :P)--might see the light of day. The Blu-Ray looks good for its vintage, but there is much room for improvement.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Gives me hope that my most wanted 4K upgrade--Planet of the Apes (2001... jk :P)--might see the light of day. The Blu-Ray looks good for its vintage, but there is much room for improvement.
I could see them doing a Tim Burton or Helena Bonham Carter set (like there would be a lot of difference ;)) ...

So I'm taking it you wouldn't be in for a Speed 2 4K disk ? ;)

speed boat lol GIF by IFC

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I could see them doing a Tim Burton or Helena Bonham Carter set (like there would be a lot of difference ;)) ...

So I'm taking it you wouldn't be in for a Speed 2 4K disk ? ;)

speed boat lol GIF by IFC
Speed 2: Cruise Control is on my list of worst sequels. Awful film.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I got a steel book copy from BestBuy today. It was apparently ONLY available for ordering online and picking up at the store, and when I placed my order it said that it was the last copy available.

I picked up mine (yes, the BBSB) on Wednesday at a local BB (not my closest one) when I was down in that area.

My closest BB (about a 5-10 minute drive from home) seems to be getting less and less likely to have the exclusive BBSBs in-store. Fortunately, I've lately found myself in the vicinity of one or another local store on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe

In the second grade, we watched a Magic School Bus tape, and the FBI Warning came up. I, aloud to the whole class, blurt out, “don’t copy and sell this tape, blah blah blah blah.”

So I’ve been a nearly lifelong cynic.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
In the second grade, we watched a Magic School Bus tape, and the FBI Warning came up. I, aloud to the whole class, blurt out, “don’t copy and sell this tape, blah blah blah blah.”

So I’ve been a nearly lifelong cynic.
There is the difference in our experiences - Students of my era learned to count backwards as the Academy Leader played out because we ran films through a projector.

countdown GIF

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Hooray! My local Wal Mart has this in stock this morning. It quickly fell into my shopping cart.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
A couple of people in the other forum noticed some sync issues with this 4K Bluray.
Has anyone here had the same problem?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
All my Target store seemed to have for new 4K releases (except for the animated Justice League) in 4K discs was steelbooks (24.99 for Speed)

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Just watched the disc last weekend and it is indeed gorgeous. I have read some people elsewhere (not on this thread) complaining about the lack of a new Atmos/DTS:X remix, but the old 5.1 track is indeed superb, and it upmixes beautifully. Lots of subtle atmospheric effects in moments like the elevator scene at the beginning, and they get steered into the extra channels in a very immersive way.

But the picture quality -- that is one reference quality disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks