What's new

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
It's difficult to believe that Jan De Bont's Speed is nearing its 30th anniversary, and it's (hopefully) a good sign that Disney is releasing Fox product in 4k.

Image quality is superb. Audio is as it has been in the past - DTS-HD MA 5.1, and it works perfectly.

What is also a pleasant situation is that HDR has been subtlety applied, and there are no problems with projectors.

Colors and black levels are superb, as is shadow detail.

As noted above, I'm not certain regarding grain. It's there, just as a pleasant sheen.

Not sure what the phrase "Ultimate Collector's Edition" means in 2021, as the extras are either carried over or meager, but it is what it is.

One thing that I noticed is that the main screen is about as simple as things get. Basically, "play." Could be a Covid thing.

Lest someone may have been away, Speed is a superb thriller with Keanu
Reeves, Sandra Bullock, Dennis Hopper and Jeff Daniels.

Image – 5

Audio – 5

Pass / Fail – Pass

Upgrade from Blu-ray - Absolutely

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Highly Recommended

RAH

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
spank GIF
;)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I watched it last night just as soon as my iTunes copy upgraded to 4K. Looks and and sounds terrific, and I concur that the HDR was very subtle (judiciously applied) and played very well with projection. As an action movie it really does hold up, as no matter how many times I've seen it, it still has me gripping my armrests all the way through, and boy does this movie have multiple climaxes! :D

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I have one question:
The film starts now with the Disney logo and not the 20th Century Fox logo?

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
It's difficult to believe that Jan De Bont's Speed is nearing its 30th anniversary
I remember watching this shortly after OJs Ford Bronco adventure and thinking how well timed the film's release was.
It's easy to believe THAT event is nearing 30 years.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Have there been any disc releases of movies where the Fox logo has been replaced yet? The closest that I'm aware of is that the first 6 Star Wars movies didn't have the Fox logo for their digital release but they didn't replace it with the Disney one and the most recent discs still had the Fox logo.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I got a steel book copy from BestBuy today. It was apparently ONLY available for ordering online and picking up at the store, and when I placed my order it said that it was the last copy available.

Hopefully can find a night to watch it this week. My wife actually brought it up recently as something she wants to watch soon, even though we just watched it less than a year ago. It’s THAT kind of movie! 😏

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
If its the print that's been on HBO Max, they finally restored the og Fox logo that was plastered over with the CGI one that replaced it mere weeks later on every previous release.

Also they're not going to put the Disney logo in front of an R-rated movie. WTH are you smoking?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
If its the print that's been on HBO Max, they finally restored the og Fox logo that was plastered over with the CGI one that replaced it mere weeks later on every previous release.

Also they're not going to put the Disney logo in front of an R-rated movie. WTH are you smoking?
A Hookah ...
smoke GIF
;)!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I just checked at my local Wal Mart to see if they had this title in stock. To my surprise, they didn’t. I hope they will get it soon- you’d think this film would be a good mover in that store.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I just checked at my local Wal Mart to see if they had this title in stock. To my surprise, they didn’t. I hope they will get it soon- you’d think this film would be a good mover in that store.
My Wal*Wart did have it at $24.96 on the New Releases endcap -far right side - top row. Most of the other releases were MIA though. There were spots for them ... This has been typical for Wal*Mart and Target (which I didn't check).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks