What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ She Wore a Yellow Ribbon -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I have SWAYR as well as Victor/Victoria pre-ordered as of 05-24 and only have the standard "waiting on delivery date" e-mail note. Just a bit frustrating.

Screen Archives (the place you can order Twilight Time discs) has it as a Pre-Order still with a release date of June 07

from the site: http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=31775

SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON (1949) (PRE-ORDER) (BLU-RAY)

PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of June 7, 2016 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Important Product Information: This product is manufactured on demand in the BD-R format. It will play in nearly all leading Blu-ray players that have the latest firmware updates. Microsoft Xbox One, however, does not currently support BD-R playback.

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
This product is manufactured on demand in the BD-R format. It will play in nearly all leading Blu-ray players that have the latest firmware updates. Microsoft Xbox One, however, does not currently support BD-R playback.

Another online retailer getting it wrong about Warner Archive Blu-rays, they're pressed, & not BD-R, it's only the DVD's that are burned.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Another online retailer getting it wrong about Warner Archive Blu-rays, they're pressed, & not BD-R, it's only the DVD's that are burned.
Actually many of the DVDs are pressed as well. The misconception of listing these as BD-R comes from the term MOD which during the first couple years of Warner Archive meant DVD-R. But for the past few years, around 2012 that definition has changed.
MOD does not = DVD-R it means Manufactured on demand. Which means that they produce a small amount of the discs that can either be pressed or DVD-R depending on the individual release when they need more they manufacture more. All Blu Rays are listed as MOD too meaning that they are also manufactured on demand or as needed but all their Blu-Rays are pressed.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mine has shipped from another retailer and I should have it by Saturday. With that said, Import CD's is out of stock too.
Well, I really got lucky as my copy is out for delivery today. Again, ImportCD where I purchased it from has it on backorder too just like most of the on-line retailers. Also, my purchase price was $15.11 plus shipping. Last night, I bought Chisum from Amazon once the price dropped to $9.99 and I'll have that one tomorrow. A John Wayne film fest in the Crawdaddy HT this weekend. :)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ha, just arrived in Blighty. This could be my release of the year, it's been on every general Blu-ray wants list of mine for the last five years...& They Were Expendable is on it's way.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So I just chatted up an Amazon rep on the lack of shipment of SWaYR.
The good news is I got the standard extra month of Prime tacked onto my account for the inconvenience.
The bad news is she says there's an availability problem and I shouldn't expect delivery until JULY 19th! She had no other info.

I just contacted Amazon and they were not able to give me a delivery date.
They did give me the extra month of Prime, so I got that going for me.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Today, I'm watching She Wore a Yellow Ribbon and will most likely view Chisum next.
Thanks for rubbing that in, Robert. Hope you choke on your popcorn! :popcorn:

Just kidding of course. enjoy the double feature, and afterwards reflect back on how fortunate you were today. :thumbsup:

Reactions: PMF

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I've canceled my Amazon order and put one in at Barnes & Noble (who now seem to have stock). Should have it Thursday

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks