What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Seven Worlds One Planet -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Leave it to the BBC to continually up the ante with the overall quality of their 4k programming.

I first experienced a sampling of Seven Worlds One Planet at a demo at Value Electronics. They had virtually every variant of 8k panels in production for the home market on display, and I was interested in seeing how various examples of 4k product appeared uprezzed to 8k.

Seven Worlds was the stand-out.

What I originally saw was the UK release. I've now spent more time examining the new release here in the Colonies, and was considering words to describe the quality,

Content is exemplary, as always, especially with David Attenborough, at 93, still the helm, as he has been for the past 67 years.

Exemplary isn't the correct word for the imagery, however.

Magnificent?

Gorgeous?

How about majesterial?

That works for me.

Even if it may not be a word.

The sheer brilliance of the cinematography, and way that light and shadow are captured, and how it plays back via OLED and HDR, is a ceaseless wonder.

The set is made up of 6 discs, 3 for 4k, 3 for HD. Both flavors use the Atmos track.

The seven episodes run between 58 and 60 minutes. Packaging states a running in for the 4k of about 348 minutes, while the HD is 400. Original running times would come closer to 420, but may have included repeated intros, credits, etc.

A "majesterial" series that should be in every library, and yet another reason for those who are not yet running 4k to consider it.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 - Dolby Atmos

Pass / Fail – Pass

Very Highly Recommended

RAH

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Some details as to the immensity...

41 countries visited ·
92 shoots ·
499 days spent traveling by crew ·
1500 contributors to the project worldwide ·
1794 filming days ·
2260.5 hours of footage shot

Worth the price of admission...

“You bet’cha!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks