What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ San Andreas 3D -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

When an early summer special effects, disaster, blockbuster, i.e. popcorn movie, arrives, and the end credits run around seven minutes, that should be a clue that we may be in for a bit of "world in jeopardy" fun...

and that digital effects may be involved.

In this case, the film has masterful effects, that especially in 3D, don't give the audience much time to think about precisely how improbable any of the intimate story might be.

The film is mostly shot in Australia, with some location work in LA and SF (which was not actually harmed in the making in the film).

I've been to the Hoover Dam, and the opening sequence and fx created for it, are incredibly performed.

All in all, a very high-end production, with a quality cast.  I was trying to recall where I had seen Alexandra Daddario last, and finally realized that I had like her performance as the very likable girlfriend in Burying the Ex.

The film is definite up-rez fodder.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
Came across to me as a wannabe Emmerich film with updated sfx but not nearly as much fun. The 3D is nice, though.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Thought this film was great, from beginning to end. Looking forward to getting this for my birthday on the 31st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks