What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ RBG -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
How can anyone not fall in love with this woman?

Acknowledged as a mother and grandmother, who, while not very adept in the kitchen, made her way through college and law school in an era when women were considered second class citizens, RBG now holds a most interesting job.

It's an extremely rare documentary - and this one is magnificently produced - that grabs one's attention from main to ends, with huge smiles and laughs in between. Alright, a bit of sadness creeps in, but the film is a crowd pleaser.

While I seldom recommend docs, as they're not for everyone - and most people don't linger further than those from Florentine, this one is superb entertainment, along with a bit of educational value.

Interestingly, for a film of it's genre and subject matter, it begins with a huge DTS credit, with all of the requisite audio that comes with it. While it may have little to do with the production, the subject matter may demand it.

Betsy West & Julie Cohen have created one of the most enjoyable and entertaining docs in aeons.

I expect to see them holding awards in the near future.

Almost forgot, the new Blu-ray from Magnolia is perfect in every detail.

Although the audio is noted as 5.1 DTS-HD MA, your speakers will be safe from damage.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (5.1 DTS-HD MA)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Very Highly Recommended

RAH

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Love documentaries and saw the promos for the CNN broadcast over the weekend. Will check it out first when it's shown on tv again before i buy the disc. I know very little about Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg so this will be interesting.

Reactions: PMF

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's an extremely rare documentary - and this one is magnificently produced - that grabs one's attention from main to ends, with huge smiles and laughs in between. Alright, a bit of sadness creeps in, but the film is a crowd pleaser.

The same thing could be said about another doc from this year: Won't You Be My Neighbor.

I am looking forward to seeing this, too. I hope it (and would be mighty surprised if it didn't) include details of her relationship with Antonin Scalia. She's an interesting subject, all right!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The same thing could be said about another doc from this year: Won't You Be My Neighbor.

I am looking forward to seeing this, too. I hope it (and would be mighty surprised if it didn't) include details of her relationship with Antonin Scalia. She's an interesting subject, all right!

Gives us quite a bit of info on her relationship with Justice Scalia, both on and off the Court.

zoetmb

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brooks
Saw this on TV the other night. I don't need to own it after seeing it, but it was quite compelling! What a lady! Wish she was younger so she'd be around longer. IMO, the multi-channel sound was completely unnecessary. It would have been fine in mono. One of the things I really liked about the documentary was the use of typography when we heard audio of her arguments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks