What's new

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I have little concern for such film elitists. In short, screw them!:) As to that TV film, I haven't seen it in over 25 years, but I remember liking it as they showed some scenes from one of Cagney's earlier boxing movies when he was a young actor.
It was planned as a Katharine Hepburn vehicle, but it went south when the prod company couldn’t come up with her early boxing footage. I’m told they tried to go the PD footage route, and came up with Jack Johnson material, but he was unavailable, so they brought Mr. Cagney down from here:

Or was it his farm in Duchess County?

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
It was planned as a Katharine Hepburn vehicle, but it went south when the prod company couldn’t come up with her early boxing footage. I’m told they tried to go the PD footage route, and came up with Jack Johnson material, but he was unavailable, so they brought Mr. Cagney down from here:

Yeah, I know you weren't being serious with your earlier post, but I was because I see such film elitism expressed on this forum. Not so much about TV movies, but more so movies being made now for younger generations like they didn't make a bunch of bad movies back in the day. It's funny, some of those bad movies from yesteryear are considered classic movies today. God forbid if Star Wars or some Marvel movie be labeled a classic movie.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
The 4K/Dolby Vision version on iTunes looks pretty stellar, however I'm going to need this set for the workprint. I'm really curious to see that.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Yeah, I know you weren't being serious with your earlier post, but I was because I see such film elitism expressed on this forum. Not so much about TV movies, but more so movies being made now for younger generations like they didn't make a bunch of bad movies back in the day. It's funny, some of those bad movies from yesteryear are considered classic movies today. God forbid if Star Wars or some Marvel movie be labeled a classic movie.
There was nothing better than the AIP horror comedies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CeruleanBlue
Recent bookmarks