What's new

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see nothing, but a basic disagreement between two people about whether a Blu-ray has less or more detail. To one's eyes is less detail and to another poster eye's there's more detail. Big freaking deal as such disagreements are common here!

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Where has this one been hiding, that it never received a Blu-ray release?

I'll admit that I had concerns regarding what this might look like, especially had it received restorative efforts, which apparently it has not.

Howard Deutch's 1986 coming of age production appears to have a recent scan, with no apparently massage. It looks very much like a well lit 1986 film should look, and there's the key.

Nary a problem in sight, and a sweet film to boot.

Colors, densities, black levels, grain structure all seem pleasantly reproduced. Nice work from Paramount.

Reminds one and all how quickly time flies. Ms Ringwald is 52.

Image – 5

Audio – 5

Pass / Fail – Pass

Upgrade from DVD - Absolutely

Recommended

I can't believe I'm turning 50 next year, so dear Molly at 52 - dear me. I miss the eighties for a myriad of reasons, though chiefly, because movies like Pretty in Pink are nowhere on the radar for today's youth to enjoy. It was wonderful to be a teenager in the eighties. Wonderful to at long last have this movie to add to the 'brat pack' offerings from days of yore. Orchestra Maneuvers in the Dark...anyone?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I can't believe I'm turning 50 next year, so dear Molly at 52 - dear me. I miss the eighties for a myriad of reasons, though chiefly, because movies like Pretty in Pink are nowhere on the radar for today's youth to enjoy. It was wonderful to be a teenager in the eighties. Wonderful to at long last have this movie to add to the 'brat pack' offerings from days of yore. Orchestra Maneuvers in the Dark...anyone?
Unfortunately, John Hughes’ 80s shenanigans don’t age well in today’s woke environment. Teens watching today are likely to be horrified. :eek:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
and present it as an objective fact for people reading it and making a decision about the release is not the same thing at all.
My apologies. I should have, as I normally do, stated that this was “in my opinion.”

People here know that I never offer an opinion as tho it was fact as I hate when other members do so. It’s my biggest pet peeve. So again my apologies for the confusion.

So back to the Sixteen Candles disc, for the last time, one scene I compared was in the beginning when Sam is looking at herself in the mirror. There’s a poster to the left of the mirror with words around the border. On the iTunes version for instance, you can clearly read the words. On the Arrow version they are blurry.

That's what I meant by less detail.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
My apologies. I should have, as I normally do, stated that this was “in my opinion.”

People here know that I never offer an opinion as tho it was fact as I hate when other members do so. It’s my biggest pet peeve. So again my apologies for the confusion.

So back to the Sixteen Candles disc, for the last time, one scene I compared was in the beginning when Sam is looking at herself in the mirror. There’s a poster to the left of the mirror with words around the border. On the iTunes version for instance, you can clearly read the words. On the Arrow version they are blurry.

That's what I meant by less detail.

Can you please give me a time code?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks