What's new

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Just a heads up, target.com has the standalone Predator 4k today for $19.99, but it says not sold in any stores near me.

So I added deep rising ($18.89, a buck cheaper than I could find elsewhere) to get free shipping.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
This appears to out of print, which is surprising.

Fox replaced it with a 4 Movie Collection in 2018:

Personally, I'm waiting for either a standalone reissue of Predator 2 or a bundle of just the first two. Love the first movie and enjoy #2 as a guilty pleasure, but I do not care for 3 or 4 at all and don't want to own them.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just watched Predator 4K for the first time. This was from the 4 film collection. To coin a phrase ;) this is the best it’s looked and sounded since it was in theaters. It almost seems like I’m watching it for the first time. My new SVS PB 2000 Pro helped the sound along.

If they had wanted to, could they have have mixed an atmos track? It’s a little disappointing they only atmos is on the last movie.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We watched Predator 2 last night. Another GREAT job by Fox! Say what you will about the merits of the film itself - this 4K release is spectacular.
I watched P2 night before last. Yes, it looks so much better in 4K but, IMHO, it’s a poor film. The gang violence that opens the movie almost seems cartoony or over-the-top. I had been a long time since I last watched it, and now I remember why.

Than last night I watched Predators. I like this film a lot. It actually gets me to sympathize with characters i would rather not meat in real life. FX are good but I wish they had mixed an Atmos track for this one.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
The goofiness and camp aspect are what endear Predator 2 to me. If the original Predator was an elevated B-movie, P2 embraces its schlock. I also have a soft spot for sci-fi movies set in a ridiculous "near future" that has already passed in real life.

Predators was, IMO, just a lame beat-for-beat retread of the original film with an ugly purple color grade, and Adrien Brody was a terribly unconvincing action hero. I didn't like anything about it.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The goofiness and camp aspect are what endear Predator 2 to me. If the original Predator was an elevated B-movie, P2 embraces its schlock. I also have a soft spot for sci-fi movies set in a ridiculous "near future" that has already passed in real life.

Predators was, IMO, just a lame beat-for-beat retread of the original film with an ugly purple color grade, and Adrien Brody was a terribly unconvincing action hero. I didn't like anything about it.
Just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like your description of “goofiness and camp aspect”. It’s spot on and I didn’t like it.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like your description of “goofiness and camp aspect”. It’s spot on and I didn’t like it.

My funny story about Predator 2 is that I arrived at the theater late and walked in about 20 or so minutes after the movie started. The very first thing I saw on screen was the gratuitous nude scene with a random woman's breasts bouncing up and down in front of an open window before gangsters break into the room and murder the guy she's banging. That made quite an impression on a 16-year-old boy, and really set the tone for my expectations for the rest of the movie.

I completely missed the opening action scene that introduced Danny Glover's character and didn't catch it until watching again years later on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks