What's new

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Mark

It looks like iTunes is doing some housecleaning as there were two 4K digitals of Poltergeist yesterday. One wasn’t available for purchase which was the old HD digital that upgraded to 4K. That’s still in my digital library. The other 4K digital was recently added that you could purchase for $9.99 as recently as yesterday. It’s now gone which tells me they’re doing something.
iTunes continues to baffle me with their constant shenanigans. Right now there is no version of Poltergeist ‘82 available for sale but I’m sure it will be back. If they had priced it the same as The Lost Boys ($7.99) I would have bought it already. There are now 2 versions of Casablanca, a new one with the new cover representing the upcoming 4K release. I of course own the older listing of Casablanca and assume I’ll get a free 4K upgrade on that, but you never know…

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
iTunes continues to baffle me with their constant shenanigans. Right now there is no version of Poltergeist ‘82 available for sale but I’m sure it will be back. If they had priced it the same as The Lost Boys ($7.99) I would have bought it already. There are now 2 versions of Casablanca, a new one with the new cover representing the upcoming 4K release. I of course own the older listing of Casablanca and assume I’ll get a free 4K upgrade on that, but you never know…
Yeah, I expected The Lost Boys to be messed with too, but so far they haven’t done so.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Perhaps a funhouse film. No one leaves Poltergeist scared. Everyone today seemed amused
The Exorcist is horror. So is Hereditary and classic Universals. Poltergeist? Not so much.

Kinda know what you mean... and said more or less the same earlier -- maybe in a different thread announcing the preorder or something.

Just never thought this movie was all that scary... although admittedly, I was apparently raised on a heartier diet of horror flicks than many/most I suppose -- my parents actually brought me to theaters to see Hammer horror flicks and such quite regularly as early as I can remember around 5 or so (and my 2-1/2-year younger brother too!). I saw so many vampire (and other horror) flicks, including often scarier Chinese ones, by the time I was 10 that I still sporadically get spooked under normal (non-movie-watching) situations and can't completely shake the eerie sense that a vampire might be lurking nearby in the dark or something and I realize too late to escape, LOL. Well, at least I don't still keep having nightmares about vampires anymore (in the last 5-10 years), LOL.

Even that one cheezy episode of Buck Rogers w/ the space vampire spooked me (and probably still would), LOL.

_Man_

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Thank you Robert Harris for the review on this film. I have always enjoyed this movie and have looked forward to getting it on 4K blu-ray. Am currently trying to refund the blu-ray of Platoon before it ships from Shout Factory.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
If anyone has their disc freeze around approx 13:52-13:52, please post along with model 4K player.

Oppo UDP 205 here
I’ve went thru 3 4Ks both froze around that time stamp.

Another person stated their disc on oppo 203 didn’t freeze when they watched it first time but did the second time they watched it at that same time stamp.

Someone else with model LG UBK90 reported freezing at approx same time stamp.
Yep, Oppo 203 here and it is freezing at 13:52, after several seconds it skips to 13:55 and keeps playing. Not the steelbook.

Last edited:

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I have the 4K Steelbook edition and there are no freezes around 13:52 using my OPPO UDP-203. The Pizza Hut jump cut, now that's a different story. LOL!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I played the 4K disc on my Panny 820 player without any issues. Tomorrow, I'll try my other Oppo 203 player in my main HT setup.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Someone at the factory must have sneezed on a batch of discs as they went past on their way to packaging.

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I haven’t opened my Best Buy steelbook, was intending to wait until closer to Halloween. Am rethinking it at least to the extent of checking for the potential glitch. So if multitudes of buyers experience the same frozen picture at the same spot with different brands of players, but not everyone has it happen, or if it happens with the same disc but not every time, what’s the remedy? Obviously it likely wouldn’t help to return it to the physical or online store for replacement. How widespread would the problem discs have to be for a factory exchange or repressing? I went through the 4K Psycho replacement procedure, and it was smooth and easy (unlike the Criterion Citizen Kane Blu-ray fiasco - since it didn’t impact the 4K disc I didn’t bother). Guess time will tell how Warner Bros. addresses this.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Kinda know what you mean... and said more or less the same earlier -- maybe in a different thread announcing the preorder or something.

Just never thought this movie was all that scary... although admittedly, I was apparently raised on a heartier diet of horror flicks than many/most I suppose -- my parents actually brought me to theaters to see Hammer horror flicks and such quite regularly as early as I can remember around 5 or so (and my 2-1/2-year younger brother too!). I saw so many vampire (and other horror) flicks, including often scarier Chinese ones, by the time I was 10 that I still sporadically get spooked under normal (non-movie-watching) situations and can't completely shake the eerie sense that a vampire might be lurking nearby in the dark or something and I realize too late to escape, LOL. Well, at least I don't still keep having nightmares about vampires anymore (in the last 5-10 years), LOL.

Even that one cheezy episode of Buck Rogers w/ the space vampire spooked me (and probably still would), LOL.

_Man_
Similar experience here. Raised on Hammer. Now those are scary. Used to go w a friend all the time as preteens on a Saturday. Poltergeist is just so tongue- in-cheek all the way to end (Spoiler alert!lol). when he puts the TV outside the motel room- it’s hardly scary. But if others find it so then it IS to them. I certainly won’t deny them their horror truth. Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks