Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance!
1670101376806.png
;)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

IIRC, RAH wasn't steamin' mad about the "Godfather" 4Ks - he was vaguely complimentary while he pointed out that they didn't look the way they were intended to look originally.

"PTAA" and "Valance" are RAH in Hulk Mode!

FWIW, I agree with him about "Valance" but not so much "PTAA", which I find to be an inconsistent disappointment but not a total lost cause.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
IIRC, RAH wasn't steamin' mad about the "Godfather" 4Ks - he was vaguely complimentary while he pointed out that they didn't look the way they were intended to look originally.

"PTAA" and "Valance" are RAH in Hulk Mode!

FWIW, I agree with him about "Valance" but not so much "PTAA", which I find to be an inconsistent disappointment but not a total lost cause.
Do you feel that “not a total loss” masters, with zero resolution hinting at 2k should be released on 4k as opposed to Blu-ray?

Shouldn’t 4k be something special?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Do you feel that “not a total loss” masters, with zero resolution hinting at 2k should be released on 4k as opposed to Blu-ray?

They should have done White Christmas in 4k that would have been money in the bank ----- who is running that studio?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I thought parts of the movie looked terrible and parts looked pretty good. I don't think the entire movie was treated with the over the top processing of the opening at Neal's office, for instance.

I don't recommend the 4K's visuals but I just don't find it to be the disaster you do.

Don't know what else to say.

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe

They should have done a proper 4K release, surely that would have been possible with reasonable effort. Is Paramount just too cheap to redo anything that already has a 4K file somewhere?

That said, I bought this since I only have the DVD and this release appears better than the BD…

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
For anyone interested PTAA 4K is on sale at iTunes for $4.99.
I already own the HDX on Vudu, but I have access now to the new deleted scenes and extras. I probably did a while back when the UHD was released, but I didn't check when I watched it on Thanksgiving. It originally only had two or three featurettes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
augustosv
Recent bookmarks