What's new

dukiejosh54

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Josh
I ended up buying this set for around 89 bucks at Deepdiscount (with a promo code), all I was interested in was Oliver! and Anatomy Of A Murder. So far at ebay auctions I have sold Social Network for 30 dollars and Taxi Driver went for 52 dollars. I'm probably going to make my money back plus some. If you don't have any interest in the other movies there is a good chance you can make your money back by selling them or you can buy them individual on ebay.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
If I remember correct on the TT blu-ray Lester said he found out he had the part on Friday and started filming at Shepperton on the following Monday - I doubt there was ever an intention to use his real voice as I'm sure all the pre-records had already been done.

As I understand it the director gave his nephew a role that was singing part and said nephew said he wouldn't be singing - dubbed or not. The song "My Name" is in the overture and in the underscore when he appears ...
The same interview is on the blu-ray with the new 4K disk (along with most of the other 2007 produced features -including the "Dance-Along). He doesn't actually say it was Friday only the he "didn't have to go to school next week because you start at Shepperton on Monday." He goes on to say that they were in rehearsals for six months before they shot anything. He said Carol Reed was a perfectionist - there was a scene that he did 55 takes.

It took six weeks of rehearsal for "Who Will Buy".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DVD1968
Recent bookmarks