What's new

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ Nobody -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
If I didn't know better, I'd have sworn that somebody connected with the John Wick films was involved in Nobody.

While it's bpm (bullets per minute) is nowhere near that of the Wicks, it's definitely up there.

It's also a thoroughly entertaining (thanks to Bob Odenkirk) and director Ilya Naishuller.

Adding to that, and being shot in 6k, even the finalized 2k uprezzed image looks superb.

Did it need to be in 4k? Probably not, but it does get a small kick from HDR.

For those into fun, violent cinema, it's a walk in the park.

Image – 5

Audio – 5

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with Projectors - Yes

Recommended

RAH

Glasses Freek

Auditioning
Real Name
Conor Jensen
Actually, somebody connected with the John Wick films was involved in Nobody! John Wick and Nobody were both written by the same person, Derek Kolstad.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If I didn't know better, I'd have sworn that somebody connected with the John Wick films was involved in Nobody.

While it's bpm (bullets per minute) is nowhere near that of the Wicks, it's definitely up there.

It's also a thoroughly entertaining (thanks to Bob Odenkirk) and director Ilya Naishuller.

Adding to that, and being shot in 6k, even the finalized 2k uprezzed image looks superb.

Did it need to be in 4k? Probably not, but it does get a small kick from HDR.

For those into fun, violent cinema, it's a walk in the park.

Image – 5

Audio – 5

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with Projectors - Yes

Recommended

RAH
You hooked another one.:laugh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Half the fun of reading RH's threads is seeing who is the first to get caught up in the jokes. :D

Don't recall if I've ever been "hooked," but I know the bait has been tempting at times. I have to stop and ponder the author. ;)

Nothing about the marketing for Nobody really "hooked" me, but it's got enough positive praise around these parts I'll likely have to check it out at some point.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The rest of the world has not yet figured out that Toronto is the center of the Universe,

Big Sucking Black Hole? I didn't think it was that bad when I visited, but maybe the last 25 years haven't been kind. I thought it was a perfectly acceptable big city -- but then again I had just come from Detroit so what did I know?

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I had a good time watching it. When Odenkirk gets outraged over the kitty kat bracelet, I laughed. A good old violent time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks