What's new

UHD Review A Few Words About A few words about...™ News of the World-- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Paul Greengrass' News of the World is what 4k Blu-ray should be all about.

Universal has provided a stunning image harvest, with a pleasant layer of HDR, and an image courtesy of Dariusz Wolski, that's overall as sharp as a tack, based upon its 4k roots.

Audio in Dolby Atmos seals the deal, especially when it comes to environmental sounds.

Just a superb production in all respects that is absolutely worth two hours of your time.

Image – 5

Audio – 5

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Highly Recommended

RAH

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Love this film. Definitely one of the years best.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don’t see how this missed a best picture nomination in any year. It’s beautifully directed and photographed, perfectly cast, well written, and brings a vitality and honesty to a genre that modern day audiences have all but forgotten.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I was really tempted to get this but I’m gonna wait - I suspect it’ll hit $9.99 at some point over the next year and I don’t think I’d be watching it again before then anyhow.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was really tempted to get this but I’m gonna wait - I suspect it’ll hit $9.99 at some point over the next year and I don’t think I’d be watching it again before then anyhow.
And, we wonder why studios think disc sales are not profitable enough for them.;)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
And, we wonder why studios think disc sales are not profitable enough for them.;)

We all do what we can with the budgets we have. I paid the $19.99 for the premium rental when it was in theaters so Universal got my $$ early on.

It’s more of a function of not buying a film I’m not planning on watching again soon more than pinching every penny. In order to keep my collection under control both financially and space-wise I’ve switched to mostly purchasing only when I know I will be viewing that title imminently. Otherwise I wind up with too many things that go untouched that take up too much space and it took me forever to deal with that pile last time. I’d rather risk paying a dollar or two more if I have a sudden interest in seeing it again vs paying a lower price now and not watching it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We all do what we can with the budgets we have. I paid the $19.99 for the premium rental when it was in theaters so Universal got my $$ early on.

It’s more of a function of not buying a film I’m not planning on watching again soon more than pinching every penny. In order to keep my collection under control both financially and space-wise I’ve switched to mostly purchasing only when I know I will be viewing that title imminently. Otherwise I wind up with too many things that go untouched that take up too much space and it took me forever to deal with that pile last time.
I was kidding!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If I spent $20 for a rental at home, I wouldn't be rushing out to buy it. It's the reason why I can never justify doing those premium rentals at home for a like this one, a western.

I totally get that. For me, it was absolutely worth it - right movie at the right time and I was grateful to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks