What's new

roxy1927

Screenwriter
Real Name
vincent parisi
The opening title sequence of MFL is one of my all time favorites so the fact that the original elements no longer exist mean I'll never see it again as originally shown and as I saw it in my initial viewings. God knows what else is lost.
Peter Menefee in his interview talks about going to meet George Cukor for a small part in the film. The man in the gate points him in the direction of the sound stage and he walks in and suddenly finds himself in the magnificence of the Covent Garden set.
He asks where Cukor is, is pointed in his direction and finds Cukor sitting in a circle with the entire cast doing a reading of the screenplay. Certainly an extraordinary moment. Cukor chooses him to be one of the costermongers so he ends up in Wouldn't it Be Loverly and the reprise when Eliza returns to Covent Garden. This by way of playing Harvey Johnson in the film of Bye Bye Birdie. And in between he finds himself in a movie based on the Mary Poppins stories which he had never even heard of. Just another summer job to make some money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scoundrel
Recent bookmarks