What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Maze Runner: Death Cure -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Wes Ball's Death Cure, the final installment in the Maze Runner YA series, proves two things once again.

First, that even terrible films, even when prepared for IMAX exhibition, can look superb via 4k Blu-ray...

and second, that some films are best left in screenplay form, never to come before a camera.

But then, no one would be paid.

For those who believe in self-flagellation and other fun acts, or simply needs to own the entire Maze Runner series, Fox's new 4k Blu-ray mit HDR will service your needs beautifully.

Enter at your own risk.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Agree. Even amazing picture quality can't save a bad movie. Glad I saw it with MoviePass almost for "free," because it was worth about that much imho.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I'm waiting very impatiently for CinemaSins to do 'Everything Wrong With The Death Cure' because I had a blast counting the sins while watching this movie. I think there were about 30 in the opening train sequence alone! :rolling-smiley:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This franchise has done fairly well worldwide on a modest budget. There are two more novels available for adaptation (The Kill Order & The Fever Code, set prior to The Maze Runner). I wonder if they'll adapt those?

I haven't watch Death Cure yet, but loved the first film and was OK with the second.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
We liked the first film enough to want to see the sequel. It was just OK, but I do want to finish out the story.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
It is very difficult to prise my son (13) away from his Xbox to watch films so I bought him the Maze Runner trilogy on 4k for Christmas, in the hope that teens+virus might work. It did, he really enjoyed them (so did I).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks