What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Marrowbone -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Marrowbone, directed by Sergio Sanchez (The Orphanage), is not about the adventures of a dog toy.

Rather, it concerns a rather off-centric family, in the American Northeast (shot in Spain), who for whatever reason, are holed up in a huge rotting house.

A huge rotting house - with secrets...

I must admit that I found Marrowbone a bit confusing at times, and actually had to rewind the tape to double check what was occurring to which characters.

Lest it's only me that came away confused, I'll allow everyone else to take a shot at this 4k release from Magnolia.

On a purely tech side, dark scenes do not play particularly well in projection - at least on a Sony - and I idon'thave the time to check on a panel. It's certainly more than viewable. Bright scenes are fine.

I'd never heard of this film, and picked up a copy based upon a few reviews.

Dolby Atmos is well used.

Anna Taylor-Joy, who you'll probably recall from The Witch, seems almost wasted in her role, but looks lovely.

Image – 5 (3.5 in projection for dark sequences)

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks