What's new

compson

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I bought the BD and then used the code to watch the 4K from iTunes. I watched the beginning of the BD to compare, and the improved resolution of 4K is quite noticeable. I get a kick out of seeing HDR, but the disc’s colors seem more like those you would see in a theater.

I had previously seen only a TV altered version of Love Story decades ago. Romances aren’t my thing, even in movies, but I had a blast watching the first 2/3 of the movie. The movie’s big twist occurs early in the third act in a conversation that’s just preposterous, and the schmaltz then piles up in a way that feels almost like parody. But what the heck, it’s only a movie. Tommy Lee Jones, in his first screen appearance, has a small speaking part. The screenplay’s author, Erich Segal, met Jones at Harvard when Jones was a student there, and Segal based aspects of Ryan O’Neal’s character on Jones. (And yes, Al Gore was Jones’s roommate.)

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
The only tragic love story Paramount should be expending all this time and energy on is Zefferilli’s Romeo and Juliet IMO. That’s never even had a Blu-ray release! And such a better film IMO- a classic and Oscar winner. Do they at least include Carol Burnett’s spoof of it as an extra? Now that was hilarious w Harvey Corman as Oliver.
Didn't know Harvey and Roger were related. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks