What's new

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I took a look on Amazon for the Columbia 4K set that contains Lawrence of Arabia and I see it appears to be out of print. Prices on Amazon and eBay are reflecting short supply. I was looking because it looks like I’ll finally be upgrading my display to 4K.

I did see the post earlier that there is a sliver of hope that Lawrence could get a single release next year.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just looked up the price, $3K at Best Buy...is that a good price? My 65" TV barely fits into my wall space with 1/4 inch to spare. It would be nice to get a larger one, but it's not in the cards.

Enjoy yours!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just looked up the price, $3K at Best Buy...is that a good price? My 65" TV barely fits into my wall space with 1/4 inch to spare. It would be nice to get a larger one, but it's not in the cards.

Enjoy yours!
Yeah, that is the going price at the moment. When we first started to seriously look, the price was $3300. I can’t believe I’m spending this much for a TV and giving up 3D.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Glad I have my PJ. My Mit 65738 shows 3D perfectly, but it doesn't look real from where I sit, 12', everything looks too small, that's why I bought the PJ.

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Johnny, I have my eyes set on the Sony A90J. I can’t believe I’m considering spending that much too. I hope it lasts a long time and stays from being obsoleted for a while. The technology now is changing so fast.

I don’t have it yet. I am talking to the dealer now.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
@Nelson Au Good luck on that. I looked on Amazon and the prices on Sony’s are pretty elevated, up there in Mt Everest terrify. We’re paying $3000 for the LG 77” C1. The 65” sony is $3800.

PaulRossen

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul Rossen
I took a look on Amazon for the Columbia 4K set that contains Lawrence of Arabia and I see it appears to be out of print. Prices on Amazon and eBay are reflecting short supply. I was looking because it looks like I’ll finally be upgrading my display to 4K.

I did see the post earlier that there is a sliver of hope that Lawrence could get a single release next year.

I believe that there’s more than a silver of hope that Lawrence is released in 4k uhd next year. It’s the 60th Anniversary in December 2022. It will happen sometime next year.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Johnny, I have my eyes set on the Sony A90J. I can’t believe I’m considering spending that much too. I hope it lasts a long time and stays from being obsoleted for a while. The technology now is changing so fast.

I don’t have it yet. I am talking to the dealer now.
@Nelson Au Good luck on that. I looked on Amazon and the prices on Sony’s are pretty elevated, up there in Mt Everest terrify. We’re paying $3000 for the LG 77” C1. The 65” sony is $3800.

IF you can wait, maybe wait til next year's model announcement for the prices to get slashed for this year's. Think I saw that for last year's Sony OLEDs a couple months back... or at least wait til the usual holiday shopping or Super Bowl season sales I guess...

_Man_

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Paul regarding the possible release of the single disc of Lawrence for the 60th. Hope it’s sooner in the year.

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
Compared to what large, good quality CRT's (tube tv's) were selling for 20 years ago we really have never had it so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Wicker
Recent bookmarks