What's new

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
(I typed this earlier today, but was interrupted before I could send it off. Here it is anyway after the discussion has moved on.)

I do not know the copyright status of L&H in Canada, but I do know they are never shown on TCM, when listed on the US schedule. We get a substitute. We also do not get the silents on disc here or broadcast.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
(I typed this earlier today, but was interrupted before I could send it off. Here it is anyway after the discussion has moved on.)

I do not know the copyright status of L&H in Canada, but I do know they are never shown on TCM, when listed on the US schedule. We get a substitute. We also do not get the silents on disc here or broadcast.
Some years ago, Laurel & Hardy Film preservationist Richard W. Bann informed me that when the current North American broadcast rights were set for the Hal Roach film library, Canada was left out for reasons of economics, or something to that effect. It sucks for us Canucks, but sadly that's the way it is. The Little Rascals Hal Roach sound shorts from 1929-38 no longer air in Canada for the same reason. Insofar as the Hal Roach silents, I'm not 100% certain as to whether the Pathe distributed silents are also affected, or just the late silent era MGM distributed ones, but I do think it is both.

CHEERS! :)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Yes Turner owns those two === Babes in Toyland would be great restored - and tons of extras = Kit Parker tried to work with MGM so far ZILCH what a sad state
With the blurry roulette of personel changes at the studois/corporations, maybe part of it is getting to the right person, and do they have the power to decide to move forward with the perticular project. Do they have the funds to allocate and can they see a profit from it...Not many studios today have the right mindset to see these as true assets, that are quickly becoming worthless, steaming piles of acid deteriorated memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks