What's new

A few words about…™ Lady Sings the Blues – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I don't know that the suggestion is that it should be a non-singer so much as a person who can sing, but is not a "singer". Think of the many people who were dubbed during the musicals heyday because they didn't have the generally accepted musical "chops". The majority could carry a tune, but either had thin voices or limited range. This is what I understand the character of Sally Bowles to be. Perfectly acceptable within the confines of a hole in the wall like the Kit-Kat Klub, but not up to the task of filling Carnegie Hall with her voice, for example.
1615420467687.png
enuf said - Ms. Holiday and Ms. Ross are/were both singers who could do both - and because of Draconian laws and attitudes had to ...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Paramount seems to have abandoned putting the original mixes on their discs. I've recently picked up the new release of Trading Places and the John Hughes 5 Movie Collection and none of the movies had their original soundtracks on there.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I was in Wal*Mart today and noticed they had one copy of LSTB on blu-ray at $9.9X. So I picked it up and bought it :cool:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
narkeshubneha