What's new

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I think both Criterion Blu-rays are derived from the same Film Foundation 4K restoration. Granted, the extras on the box set are more substantial.
I read that and wondered if it was a 4k restoration why wouldn't they at some point release it as such in the not so distant future? So that I would hold off.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Well it seems La Dolce Vita is available for $14, a bargain. I'll take this opportunity to remind people that the recent Paramount Blu-ray of Don't Look Now is similarly priced and uses the well reviewed StudioCanal 4K transfer!

obscurelabel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
Does anyone know if the English dub included on this disc is the one from the 1966 US release by American International? Or a more recent one? The 1966 dub is what I heard the first time I saw the movie, via a rental of the Republic double VHS release. I remember the voice acting in the dub to be pretty flat, but it was carefully done, with execellent matching of the original actors' lip movements. Not saying this would be my preferred way of viewing, but it would be very interesting for me to watch the movie with this dub again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks