What's new

A Few Words About A few words about…™ Jaws - in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Saccone

Premium
Yes. Both. Steel book for uniqueness and standard for booklet.

I mean it’s.......Jaws. ;)
I am wondering if the book is actually different then the one that came with the original BD release? I compared the pages from the book shown in the UltraHd listing and they matched what is in BD release I already have. Hoping someone posts if they do have both whether this is correct or not. For now I pre-ordered the steel book about a month ago.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I am wondering if the book is actually different then the one that came with the original BD release? I compared the pages from the book shown in the UltraHd listing and they matched what is in BD release I already have. Hoping someone posts if they do have both whether this is correct or not. For now I pre-ordered the steel book about a month ago.

There was a book with the original release?

I pulled out my BD and found no book. Did one come with standard retail BDs in 2012?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I’m sure they’re exactly the same.

I pulled out the book for the 4K - it has a copyright of 2020, but so does the included BD, and that's identical to the 2012 disc other than its art, so the copyright date means nothing.

All of the citations in the book come from 2011-12 and I find no reference in it past that date - such as a comment about the Atmos remix in the "Restoring a Classic" section - so it's indeed probably safe to assume it's the same book!

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
There was a book with the original release?

I pulled out my BD and found no book. Did one come with standard retail BDs in 2012?

Yes there was a digibook release & a regular release. The digibook was in limited supply & sold out very quickly.

Best Buy had an exclusive that came with a book-style case.

Was it exclusive to Best Buy? I don't recall it being that.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I pulled out the book for the 4K - it has a copyright of 2020, but so does the included BD, and that's identical to the 2012 disc other than its art, so the copyright date means nothing.

All of the citations in the book come from 2011-12 and I find no reference in it past that date - such as a comment about the Atmos remix in the "Restoring a Classic" section - so it's indeed probably safe to assume it's the same book!

How many pages is the "new" book?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
After 8 years, I'm not going to swear to it in court :) but I'm pretty sure it was a BB exclusive.

It definitely wasn't part of the copy Uni sent me 8 years ago - and they send "regular" retail product to reviewers, so it would've been there if it'd been part of the standard release.

I can post some pics of the book if people are really that curious, but my gut says it's the same book. The fact there's no reference to the Atmos remix and all the footnotes come from 2011/2012 seems like a giveaway!

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
After 8 years, I'm not going to swear to it in court :) but I'm pretty sure it was a BB exclusive.

I did some more digging and you are correct it was a Best Buy exclusive. Up to that point the other digibook releases of Universal 100th Anniversary titles: To Kill a Mockingbird, All Quiet on the Western Front, Pillow Talk, Buck Privates, The Sting, Out of Africa were not exclusives.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
There's nothing to remaster. The blu-ray is already based on the same master as the UHD.
No it is not. It’s the same disc as the 2012 release.

From a review:
while the bundled Blu-ray, which is identical to that released back in 2012

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
No it is not. It’s the same disc as the 2012 release.

From a review:
while the bundled Blu-ray, which is identical to that released back in 2012
I know. I'm saying that both the old blu-ray and the new UHD are based on the 4K remaster of the film that Universal did in 2012, so there's nothing requiring remastering.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I know. I'm saying that both the old blu-ray and the new UHD are based on the 4K remaster of the film that Universal did in 2012, so there's nothing requiring remastering.
Ah. Gotcha :emoji_ok_hand:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks