What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about…™ Invaders from Mars – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I ordered the Blu-ray Dec 25. I received a confirmation email but no delivery date, does anyone know how long it's taking to get recent orders out?
P.S. it's good to hear all the positive comments here about the restoration!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I ordered the Blu-ray Dec 25. I received a confirmation email but no delivery date, does anyone know how long it's taking to get recent orders out?
Mid March? Have you contacted Ignite yet? I ordered mint in March of last year, and just got then delivered to me in the last part of Dec. Fingers crossed for you, it is a wonderful addition to any ones collection!!!
I Hope Please GIF

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I was tardy ordering and put it through in early August; no notification of shipment as yet.

Panavision70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick Notch
Here's the famous landing shot as it appears in "The Joker's Flying Saucer." It may not be exactly the same shot as what we see in IFM, but it's pretty darn close. The other two shots are clearly stock images that did not appear in IFM...
I'm sure that's footage from "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with a blue tint in the "saucer in the sky" stills.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mr. MacQueen is presenting the film twice in New York, next week. First at MOMA, I believe on Saturday, and then Sunday at the Bedford Playhouse.

Both with a master's class and Q & A.

Wish I'd known about this a month earlier, I>'d have made arrangements to drive down to revisit my alma mater Westchester County, to check out how one of my regular haunts (the Bedford Playhouse) looks now!

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
My August order just resulted in shipping notification today, so it looks like they shipped preorders or earliest date orders, and now they’re shipping everybody else in a large batch.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Wish I'd known about this a month earlier, I>'d have made arrangements to drive down to revisit my alma mater Westchester County, to check out how one of my regular haunts (the Bedford Playhouse) looks now!
I believe you’d be pleasantly surprised.

Curtain, 4-way masking, 37’ screen, Dolby Atmos.

MUFC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
And so it turns.
The Wheel.

May as well go for the white whale.
I’m pushing 50, You chaps must be pushing 80.
My concern is who’s gonna preserve and respect our shared crossover ?
I’ve done some cool stuff but in the greater scheme of things I worry nobody will care.

Last edited:

MUFC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
For the record; my white whale is the final Beatles rooftop concert. But apparently that’s been done.
Quite poorly from what I’ve heard.

Last edited:

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
I’ve done some cool stuff but in the greater scheme of things I worry nobody will care.

‘You [will care]; your pupils; your friends; God. Not a bad public, that.’​

- with apologies to Robert Bolt

Your choice of football club, on the other hand! YNWA

MUFC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Additionally I am an English man.

‘You [will care]; your pupils; your friends; God. Not a bad public, that.’​

- with apologies to Robert Bolt

Your choice of football club, on the other hand! YNWA
steady on…..

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
It had the same effect on me, when I first viewed it on TV back in the early 1960's on one of the NYC TV stations our B&W TV. When didn't get a color TV until 1965. One thing that always cracked me up about this movie is that one mutant that was little more chunkier than other mutants. Too many carbs. :laugh: Anyhow, spent a great deal of time with the 4K disc. MacQueen and his restoration team did a great job with this release.
Perhaps that chunky mutant was a Kanamit who got served man a bit too often? :D

Scott MacQueen does amazing restoration work! Laurel & Hardy's SONS OF THE DESERT (1933) springs to mind.

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks