ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
$8.99 for the 4k uhd…
No longer. I've tried.

So odd. I could see it at that price and added it to my cart a few hours back, but Amazon won't let me actually check out w/ it, claiming they've sold out or something along that line -- Amazon also hasn't automatically removed it from my cart like they normally do in such similar cases.

Oh well, not that big a deal if I can't get it very cheaply... since I should be fine w/ the remastered BD (from several years ago) plus the 4K digital I already have...

_Man_

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
So odd. I could see it at that price and added it to my cart a few hours back, but Amazon won't let me actually check out w/ it, claiming they've sold out or something along that line -- Amazon also hasn't automatically removed it from my cart like they normally do in such similar cases.

Same here, though in my case it was removed from my cart and automatically moved to my "Save for Later" list when I tried to check out.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Best Buy still has this priced at $8.99. I just ordered on the web site and successfully went through checkout.
After I went through the same thing (failure) with Amazon, I followed your advice and went to BB. Transaction successful. Thanks!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Best Buy still has this priced at $8.99. I just ordered on the web site and successfully went through checkout.

Ah... guess I shoulda checked BB -- I often do in such cases, but forgot this time.

BTW, nice that BB apparently recently changed the terms of their (free) membership program (yet again) to offer free shipping w/out minimum purchase requirement instead of reward points. That seems perfect for something like this...

_Man_

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
So get this. I ordered from Best Buy on Monday. Initial shipping estimate says delivery Jan. 24th. No problem. This morning, I get an email saying the delivery has been bumped up to tomorrow. Great!

About an hour ago, I received a text from something called Shipt HQ stating that the package was already out for delivery. Even better!

My doorbell camera alerts me to motion on my front step. It's the driver dropping off the package. Cool. I get another text confirming delivery. How conscientious.

A great experience from Best Buy, right?

BUT THEN, the driver sends me another text saying "Your tip is really appreciated" followed by his personal Venmo and Cashapp info. :blink:

Kinda ballsy, dude!

The thing is, I actually ordered another Blu-ray that's still scheduled for next week. If I don't tip this guy, is he gonna throw it in the trash?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
BUT THEN, the driver sends me another text saying "Your tip is really appreciated" followed by his personal Venmo and Cashapp info. :blink:

Kinda ballsy, dude!

I had someone do that to me once, but they weren’t asking for a tip - they wanted me to purchase their self-published Lord of the Rings fan-fiction on Amazon!

I did not.

But I decided not to report it either. The attempt didn’t cause me any harm or real inconvenience and I didn’t want the guy to lose his job when everything else about the delivery had been above average.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Ah... guess I shoulda checked BB -- I often do in such cases, but forgot this time.

BTW, nice that BB apparently recently changed the terms of their (free) membership program (yet again) to offer free shipping w/out minimum purchase requirement instead of reward points. That seems perfect for something like this...

_Man_

You know, Amazon is pissing me off enough lately to nudge me to just order that (from BB) plus some other title they apparently also PMed against BB (and also sold out for a little while) even though I kinda settled on just sticking w/ my remastered BD + 4K digital, especially since BB now has unlimited free shipping.

I did recently return some other titles to BB (from the holiday shopping season), so certainly don't mind giving them some business to replace those (unless they completely botch as-yet-incomplete processing of those returns)... even though I'm still planning to order (warily) some other (non-CE-related) stuff from Amazon...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks