What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Halloween Triple Feature -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I took a quick look at the Echo Bridge Halloween Triple Feature -- Curse of Michael Myers, H2O and Resurrection -- and came away pleased.

Especially for the price point ($15), this a quality set.

Color, densities, grain structure, shadow detail, are all within high end standards for Blu-ray. The final film of the three is DTS 5.1, while the older two are 2.0 stereo.

Not a problem in sight (or sound). Image quality for all three is about the same.

Image - 4

Audio - 4

Recommended.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/325684/a-few-words-about-halloween-triple-feature-in-blu-ray#post_4008460
As far as I know, Halloween H20 and Halloween Resurrection are altered from 2.35 to 1.78.
H20 and Resurrection were both shot S35. It's possible that the frame was opened up. My knowledge of these films is limited, so others will have to judge that point.

Curse was shot 1.85.

FanboyZ

Second Unit
Real Name
Zolly Shoah Ben-Becker
Mr. Harris your assessments on the presentation of Blu Ray discs have always been, in my mind infallible.
But now, your positive assessment of this set- which is perhaps the most horrific example of the poison that is Echo Bridge has put me in a depression that may never end.
The Canadian version of the set has proper aspect rations and 5.1 uncompressed DTS HD Master Audio tracks.
Now there is only darkness, and no hope.

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
Absolutely, the Alliance release from Canada is the way to go (and isn't much more expensive, either). It presents both H20 and the abominable H:R in their original aspect ratios, whereas Echo Bridge has presented them in open-matte versions which ruin the compositions. Excess headroom be damned!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks