What's new

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
The shot where Laurie is walking past a foreshadowing railroad crossing sign has the sign green here. Is this from the lighting and leaves reflecting off of the metal sign, or an error?

John*Wells

Premium
Real Name
John
I got my copy of the original today. Watching it now. But I think there are scenes missing. When I was a teenager, I remember renting the VHS version. After the opening scene in 1963, there’s a scene where Dr. Loomis meets with his boss at the Sanatorium and they discuss the ruling from the court to leave Michael in at the Sanatorium. Loomis argues. Then he goes to Michael’s hospital room and says “you’ve Fooled them, haven’t you,Michael?” “But not me”.

These scenes are missing. From the 4 K UHD disc. Were they only on a directors cut or something?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I got my copy of the original today. Watching it now. But I think there are scenes missing. When I was a teenager, I remember renting the VHS version. After the opening scene in 1963, there’s a scene where Dr. Loomis meets with his boss at the Sanatorium and they discuss the ruling from the court to leave Michael in at the Sanatorium. Loomis argues. Then he goes to Michael’s hospital room and says “you’ve Fooled them, haven’t you,Michael?” “But not me”.

These scenes are missing. From the 4 K UHD disc. Were they only on a directors cut or something?

That scene is from the TV version which is included in this release.

Kyle_D

Second Unit

Those scenes were never in the original version, nor were they even filmed during the original production. They were shot during the making of Halloween II and added to the television cut to fill a 2 hour time slot.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

To expand on what Andrew and Kyle said, the scenes with Loomis and young Michale at the mental hospital and a scene of Linda borrowing a blouse from Laurie were only shot for the TV version. Carpenter considers the theatrical cut to be his version of the movie.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Were they only on a directors cut or something?

To hop on what others have said, that particular footage can be found in two cuts on the new set. The second blu-ray disc ("Original Color Timed Version") includes the 101 min EXTENDED CUT with original theatrical footage padded with TV only material shot for NBC and the 97 min TV CUT (for some reason this version isn't listed as being included on the blu-ray package but it's there) that features the TV footage but omits violence and nudity from the theatrical cut.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beckford
Recent bookmarks