What's new

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I ordered this from Best Buy yesterday morning and I just got notified by UPS that it is being delivered tomorrow. Nice!

Even better, Best Buy's sale (currently priced at $19.99) also includes 250 bonus rewards points (worth $5 for next Best Buy purchase). So, effectively, this 4K gem is just $14.99 (plus the tax on $19.99). DEAL!

Mark

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Probably not and I have to wonder if they really added any Atmos objects to the mix or just took the prior mix and remastered it as Atmos. Reminds me of when I'm watching something on TV that's clearly mono or 2-channel stereo but because the Dolby Digital trigger is sent down, my receiver "thinks" it's 5.1 Dolby Digital.

Delicately...

ArnoldLayne

Premium
Real Name
Chris
Bought mine online and will pick it up this afternoon. One local BB didn't have it, most others do. I am ready for Friday, Feb 2 2018 ;-)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought it online too, but debating whether to pick it up or let the order expire and cancel. It's not exactly one of my favorite comedies as I think it will be sold by other retailers in the coming months for a cheaper price.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I bought it online too, but debating whether to pick it up or let the order expire and cancel. It's not exactly one of my favorite comedies as I think it will be sold by other retailers in the coming months for a cheaper price.
Cheaper than $14.99?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I love this one too but I do not love these "exclusive" releases so I'll be watching my current copy until the smoke settles. If only Best Buy can sell it, well, that's just "UnAmerican."

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Quintessential 4k release ????? I would have bet a million bucks you would have said Lawrence ,this is a fun picture ,but re buying it??

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No. You get it If you are part of the reward zone program. I got the $5 in points and did not use my BB card.
Well so much for getting that $5.00. I'll just wait and buy it later for a cheaper price when it's available to other retailers.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Quintessential 4k release ????? I would have bet a million bucks you would have said Lawrence ,this is a fun picture ,but re buying it??

It is a very interesting release as it shows that even a not very well lit 35mm production from the 80s can benefit from a UHD release to a degree that an upgrade can be recommended.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It's available at amazon.ca for $23 CDN or about $19 US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks