What's new

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Maybe you don’t have it but everyone else with iTunes does. To prove it go to the iTunes Store and try buying the 4K version of the movie you own in HD. It won’t let you because Apple gives you both. Apple did this to simplify purchasing
So yes my HD code on my 3D blu will give me 4K streaming file and it will look great on my 4K TV and my iPhone XS Plus with its Oled screen.
And if you insist otherwise please provide a link to it. Thanks!
You won't be able to see any 4K downloads on your iPhone. 4K material is only available for streaming, not downloaded to devices.

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Maybe you don’t have it but everyone else with iTunes does. To prove it go to the iTunes Store and try buying the 4K version of the movie you own in HD. It won’t let you because Apple gives you both. Apple did this to simplify purchasing
So yes my HD code on my 3D blu will give me 4K streaming file and it will look great on my 4K TV and my iPhone XS Plus with its Oled screen.
And if you insist otherwise please provide a link to it. Thanks!
Sorry Noel but you are definitely wrong and are misinformed on multiple points. Check out the thread in the streaming forum for more info on how to upgrade HD purchases to 4K by gifting them to yourself.

Again, the 3D digital code will only give you a HD iTunes copy.

Last edited:

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Any code you redeem for any movie directly from iTunes will give you the 4k version if available.
Like I said. If you purchase directly from iTunes. Yes.

NOT if you use a non 4K code thru MA for example. Like the 3D one.

Trust me. We’ve gone over this multiple times in the streaming forums.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
You won't be able to see any 4K downloads on your iPhone. 4K material is only available for streaming, not downloaded to devices.

Correct. Instead of file I should have said access. Nonetheless it’s 4K streaming unlike what Tino keeps insisting. I went to the Apple 5th ave Store here and they verified. End of my discussion on 4K iTunes here.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
C7D791F2-E90A-4186-B700-BB0DBD6A379F.jpeg

Last edited:

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Not trying to be a wise guy, but for my entire life the Godzilla brand has been associated with terrible movies that may still have some entertainment value. I never understood the desire to try and remake this series and expect to be taken seriously. This is one of the very few Godzilla films I have ever seen (including none of the recent re-boots) and it gave me exactly what I expected to get - lots of ridiculous monsters fighting real good in a story full of eye-rolling moments and illogic. It was worth it just to see the other monsters bow down to the King in the home stretch.

However, I do wish someone would rescue the talented Vera Farmiga from Genre Hell.

Last edited:

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You’re just not listening.

When you redeem your code from the 3D Blu-ray you will only get a HD stream on iTunes, vudu etc...
I’m not disputing this.

I’m referring to the last “BUT” paragraph of the reddit post which is what I’ve been saying all along. Jeez.

Noel keeps saying he will get the 4K version on iTunes when he redeems the code from the 3D Blu-ray.

And that’s just not true.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
You’re just not listening.

When you redeem your code from the 3D Blu-ray you will only get a HD stream on iTunes, vudu etc...

I’m not disputing this.

I’m referring to the last “BUT” paragraph of the reddit post which is what I’ve been saying all along. Jeez.

Listen to Apple NOT Reddit
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207949
If I can stream it in 4K per Apple what difference does it matter? Besides you can’t download a 4K file from iTunes anyway.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Not trying to be a wise guy, but my entire life the Godzilla brand has been associated with terrible movies that may still have some entertainment value. I never understood the desire to try and remake this series and expect to be taken seriously. This is one of the very few Godzilla films I have ever seen (including none of the recent re-boots)
and it gave me exactly what I expected to get - lots of ridiculous monsters fighting real good in a story full of eye-rolling moments and illogic. It was worth it just to see the other monsters bow down to the King in the home stretch.

However, I do wish someone would rescue the talented Vera Farmiga from Genre Hell.
I couldn’t agree with you more. I liked the last Godzilla and looking forward to this one. And cannot wait to get the Criterion boxed set. If you havent pick up the Blu-ray of the original Mothra -it’s excellent.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Jeez @Cranston37 , I would have thought you at least would have backed me up. ;)

I can't back you up because I'm not 100% sure you're correct.

My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that if Noel were to redeem the HD 3D code directly on iTunes, he will get his copy upgraded to 4K. If he redeems it at MA or Vudu, it stays HD.

I'm taking no hard stand here as to who's right and who's wrong. I'm only posting what my understanding of the situation is and I repeat that I do not claim my understanding to be correct.

Last edited:

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I can't back you up because I'm not 100% sure you're correct.

My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that if Noel were to redeem the HD 3D code directly on iTunes, he will get his copy upgraded to 4K. If he redeems it at MA or Vudu, it stays HD.

I'm not taking a hard stand here. I'm only posting what my understanding of the situation is with the caveat that I do not claim my understanding to be correct.
That’s my point. It is NOT redeemable directly on iTunes. It’s an MA code.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
That’s my point. It is NOT redeemable directly on iTunes. It’s an MA code.

If it's not redeemable directly on iTunes then you would be correct.

I was under the impression that MA codes could be redeemed at any MA retailer, in which case you would be incorrect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laptiva
Recent bookmarks