What's new

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My friend saw this in the theater and begged me to do the same, he said it is the "must see" movie of the summer (he is a big Godzilla fan). He loved it. I feel bad I ignored his advice, but plan on watching this at home.
Based on your comments in that "The Last Good Monster Movie" thread, I seriously doubt you'll like this movie.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I paid $30 for a 4K copy. I hope I find something to like about it.
I now find your comments even more interesting as you clearly stated you've only seen a few good monster pictures over the last 33 years. Yet, you paid $30 on a blind buy for a monster picture that has poor reviews from critics and posters alike.

Last edited:

lark144

Screenwriter
Real Name
mark gross
I am shocked--shocked!--to learn from Mr. Harris that the great Raymond Burr was in the first Godzilla movie that had its exquisite stop-motion sequences replaced by a man in a rubber suit when the film reached Japan, and this is now the way it has come down to us ever since. One learns a lot reading "A Few Words", sometimes even more than a few words can express. Did Joe Levine know about this?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I am shocked--shocked!--to learn from Mr. Harris that the great Raymond Burr was in the first Godzilla movie that had its exquisite stop-motion sequences replaced by a man in a rubber suit when the film reached Japan, and this is now the way it has come down to us ever since. One learns a lot reading "A Few Words", sometimes even more than a few words can express. Did Joe Levine know about this?

Obviously, you’re aware that he exec produced.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I now find your comments even more interesting as you clearly stated you've only seen a few good monster pictures over the last 33 years. Yet, you paid $30 on a blind buy for a monster picture that has poor reviews from critics and posters alike.
I like monster movies just fine. For the spectacle, and technical aspects of sound and video. and mainly the monsters themselves. The other thread refers to the last "good" monster movie. Well when it comes to monster movies there is a lot of gray area between good, and bad. I can like a monster movie with a story that is pretty wack, or just mediocre. One and done.

In the other thread I think of "good" as a monster movie I could recommend to someone with no exceptions, or guilt.
Good solid story, matched by all around good production value.
The first movies I thought of like that were made over 30 years ago.

Last edited:

lark144

Screenwriter
Real Name
mark gross
Obviously, you’re aware that he exec produced.
Oh, yes. If not for Mr. Levine, my--or should I say our--movie going child & teen hoods would have been much less interesting. Not just GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS and HERCULES, and then, as we grew older, 81/2, YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW, DARLING & THE GRADUATE.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Oh, yes. If not for Mr. Levine, my--or should I say our--movie going child & teen hoods would have been much less interesting. Not just GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS and HERCULES, and then, as we grew older, 81/2, YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW, DARLING & THE GRADUATE.

You left out The Lion in Winter.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
The Blu- ray in this case also has Atmos and this is not true 4K as it was finished in 2K plus my player upscales to 4K and the digital copy gives me iTunes 4K so no need to buy this in 4K for me.
But more importantly 3D rules and that’s the version I will get.

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I forgot to mention that as an AppleTV 4K owner I get the 4K version on HD owned files if that version exists.
No you don’t.

Only if you purchase it directly from iTunes.

If you use the code from the 3D Blu-ray, you only get the HD version.

I also own an Apple 4K by the way

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Saw this movie and the theaters and was not disappointed. Have the Blu Ray on order as well as the Criterion box of the original 15.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
No you don’t.

Only if you purchase it directly from iTunes.

If you use the code from the 3D Blu-ray, you only get the HD version.

I also own an Apple 4K by the way

Maybe you don’t have it but everyone else with iTunes does. To prove it go to the iTunes Store and try buying the 4K version of the movie you own in HD. It won’t let you because Apple gives you both. Apple did this to simplify purchasing
So yes my HD code on my 3D blu will give me 4K streaming file and it will look great on my 4K TV and my iPhone XS Plus with its Oled screen.
And if you insist otherwise please provide a link to it. Thanks!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Any code you redeem for any movie directly from iTunes will give you the 4k version if available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bolorkay
Recent bookmarks