What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Gangs of Wasseypur -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

bluraypandey

Auditioning
Real Name
DGC
Still better than the subtitles on 90s Bollywood flicks. Have wanted to see this movie for some time but the runtime has scared me away, but I think I will eventually take the plunge on this release despite the subtitle issue. Haven't seen a really good Bollywood movie in several years, maybe since Talaash.

Konstantinos

Screenwriter
Real Name
Konstantinos
Michel_Hafner said:
There should be a difference between subtitles for deaf people and for people who don't know the language (well) but can hear (and see) just fine.
I can agree with that.

So, can we recall 95% of all the Blurays that are out in the market please?

Because English is not my native langauge and i have to turn on English subtitles, but 95% of all the Blurays, have ONLY English for hearing impaired. (if they have English subtitles at all)

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
Konstantinos said:
I can agree with that.

So, can we recall 95% of all the Blurays that are out in the market please?

There is a difference between a suboptimal situation and one that calls for a recall. No need for recalls, but better solutions from now on would be nice.

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
I have finally watched this epic saga and it's definitely worth watching. The subtitles have issues, but overall it's a minor problem. Lines with speakers explicitly spelled out are not frequent. There is also the occasional spelling error and other anomaly, but following the story with subtitles alone is not difficult. Image and sound quality are very good. And the film itself is creative, powerful film making, full of Western influences but also fully soaked in Indian culture. A revenge story spanning over 60 years of organised crime in 2 cities and also 60 years of Indian history, including film history (Bollywood). Not to be missed if Indian cinema is of any interest to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keashdoc
Recent bookmarks