What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Flashdance - in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
And one of them is a man. Lol

I still remember the name "Marine Jahan"! She got some decent traction out of her dance double work!

I firmly believe the wig used for the dance double shots was modeled after Sigourney Weaver in "Alien"! :lol:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I remembered "Flashdance" as a hit soundtrack 1st, a "fashion statement" 2nd and a movie 3rd.

I knew it did well, but I thought its success as a movie was well below its status in those other areas.

I was wrong! "Flashdance" was the 3rd highest-grossing movie of 1983 in the US! :oops:

It's definitely aged the worst of those 3. "Jedi" remains fun, and while I've not seen it in years, I suspect "Terms of Endearment" probably holds up fairly well.

Like I said earlier, "Flashdance" is total time capsule stuff. It couldn't be more dated if it tried! :D
It’s Norma Rae for the 80s. :) Staying Alive, a far sillier musical concoction, was No. 8 at the boxoffice for the year. Different times.

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
Enthusiasts want special features, and these releases are being targeted at enthusiasts.
I know I'm in the minority. I'm an Enthusiast, but I don't really care about extras except the trailers. I enjoy seeing how a movie was marketed, but all the other stuff, I watch once (if that much), then never again. I prefer to have best transfer and best audio. I really liked the "Superbit" releases back in the day, but as I said, I'm in the minority.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It’s Norma Rae for the 80s. :) Staying Alive, a far sillier musical concoction, was No. 8 at the boxoffice for the year. Different times.

"Staying Alive" is undeniably a bad/silly film, but "far sillier" than "Flashdance"? Can't get on board with that!

"Flashdance" really is a pretty awful movie. It barely qualifies as a movie - it's more a collection of music videos connected together!

"Norma Rae" is still pretty good, IMO - though I can't watch it without thinking about the "SCTV" treatment:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
"Satan's Alley," the Broadway setpiece of STAYING ALIVE, would like to have a word with you regarding silliness. :)

Christian D66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian
This was the first time I saw a movie as a teen that felt like it had no plot only visuals.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Bonus features aren't always a selling point for me, but I do feel ripped off when they put out a new edition without ones that were on previous issues. Having all the music videos included would be a no-brainer.

Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that when I first saw this (wasn't quite old enough when it was brand new), I thought the ending was the dumbest I'd ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks