What's new

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Adrian Lyne's Fatal Attraction arrives on 4k from Paramount, and it's a worthwhile addition to one's '80s thriller library.

I'm unable to ascertain whether the grain is original, but it looks fine. Per the studio, the transfer was supervised by director Lyne, and looks superb.

No regrets from these quarters.

For those unaware, this is an elegant thriller nominated for six Academy Awards.

Image – 5 (Dolby Vision)

Audio – 5 (5.1 Dolby TrueHDl)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Upgrade from Blu-ray - Yes

Highly Recommended

RAH

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Yeah, that's a classic 80s femme fatale film. Thanks for the information, although I don't have a 4K set up, it's always good to keep up with this growing catalog of films!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
What are you still using rabbit ears ;)?
I have...LOL!!
tv station television GIF

madfloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
It looked to me like there was some grain management done on this title, which seems to be the Paramount way these days.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Does this 4K set contain the Paramount Presents Blu-ray transfer for disc 2?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
No, FATAL ATTRACTION. But five noms in seven years and she couldn’t win one? Lame.
While I think Close was terrific in FA, Oscar’s are earned, not deserved. In the years she lost, the Academy members felt another performance was more deserving. I’m OK with that.

Last edited:

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
While I think Close was terrific in FA, Oscar’s are earned, not deserved.

In theory, perhaps, but not always in practice. I could cite plenty of examples of "make-good" Oscars where the Academy voters felt they needed to belatedly reward an actor they'd previously overlooked, even though the new role was hardly that actor's most notable work. Like Julianne Moore winning for the mostly-forgotten Still Alice but not for Boogie Nights, Magnolia, or Far from Heaven (among other possibilities).

One could argue that Close's last three nominations were all hardly even worth recognizing, and probably wouldn't have been if they'd ever given her the damn trophy back at the height of her career.

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe
I’m annoyed by Paramount’s approach to the Presents line… making it seem these were only going to be remastered BD titles, then doubling back and doing 4k a mere two years later… of course i’ll triple dip on this, the first Blu-Ray was atrocious, and the Presents isn’t great, though an improvement by default. I’ll be waiting for a deep discount, though.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
This has not gone unnoticed. The overriding message from the studio is simple.

“If you feel you’ll desire 4k, pass on our Blu-rays.”

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I’m annoyed by Paramount’s approach to the Presents line… making it seem these were only going to be remastered BD titles, then doubling back and doing 4k a mere two years later… of course i’ll triple dip on this, the first Blu-Ray was atrocious, and the Presents isn’t great, though an improvement by default. I’ll be waiting for a deep discount, though.
it seems that Paramount has turned to the Dark Side!!
darth GIF

Chewbabka

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe
This has not gone unnoticed. The overriding message from the studio is simple.

“If you feel you’ll desire 4k, pass on our Blu-rays.”
Yes, but they did a good job of delaying this message for the first year or two so we could stock up… eBay and the slipcover collectors are my friends I guess. Goodbye unnecessary collectible slipcovers, hello 4K discs…

Seriously, right now the Presents Blu is $3 more than the 4K edition on BB. Just because it has a “collectible”slip??

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I don't have a 4K player (because of a fear of upgraditis) so, Paramount, please keep on releasing Blu-rays!

Next up in October, The Score followed by Counterfeit Traitor. Time to retire my DVDs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks