What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Evita -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Evita, as directed by Alan Parker, is a quality musical, produced in an era of few Hollywood musicals.

Shot in Argentina and Hungary, it's a huge film, with a veritable cast of thousands. Well cast, although many seem to question whether Madonna was right for the role.

As I recall, the original DVD was non-anamorphic, possibly using the same master as the laserdisc.

The new Blu-ray finally does justice to the film, shot by Darius Khondji (Se7en, Stealing Beauty, Midnight in Paris).

Color, densities, black levels, etc. all appear to be in a comfortable range.

As an aside, a question...

What do Evita and Scream have in common?

Image - 3.5

Audio - 5

Recommended.

RAH

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I was very pleased with the video quality, but the audio was sensational.

As far as the Scream / Evita connection... didn't they open the same week? (At least here in L.A., I think they did.)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Robert Harris /t/322053/a-few-words-about-evita-in-blu-ray#post_3945566

As an aside, a question...

What do Evita and Scream have in common?

RAH

They both used Moviecam Compact, Clairmont Lenses for filming.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Originally Posted by FoxyMulder /t/322053/a-few-words-about-evita-in-blu-ray#post_3945704

They both used Moviecam Compact, Clairmont Lenses for filming.

We have a winner!

Real Name
Alan Paterson
I remember they shot 'Evita' while I was working in Shepperton Studios. One day as I was walking round to Ronfords (camera hire company) I saw nearly every security guard in the studio strung across the road leading to H stage (the big one). Apparently nobody was allowed to see Madonna. In actual fact, nobody really cared as she and her then husband Sean Penn had run down a photographer during shooting of 'Shanghai Surprise' - and still remembered it.
Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks