What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Ella Enchanted -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Ella Enchanted, directed by Tommy O'Haver, is a charming fairy tale-ish film, about a very special kingdom, and the problematic enchantment affecting life of one of its inhabitants, young Ella.

Ella is a virtual show-piece for the then 21 year-old Anne Hathaway -- it was her fourth film -- and she's supported by some terrific talent, including Hugh Dancy, Cary Elwes, Minnie Driver and Eric Idle.

Shot on film, and finished in 2k, Ella is a beautiful combination of reality and digital. The opening sequence traveling over the kingdom sets the stage beautifully, allowing us to get the lay of the land.

While I'm not seeing this as an ultimate adult crowd-pleaser, it serves well in the child to teen category, for which programming is usually a bit thin.

The Blu-ray, rendered from the 2k digital files, is smooth, clean, and totally representative of the original film out.

Audio is Dolby Digital and DTS-HD MA.

One of a handful of newer films that meet the needs of the age group. Superior entertainment.

Recommended.

RAH

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I had purchased the Alliance release a few years ago. While I liked the film and its presentation, the disc itself went beyond barebones - no menu and non-marked chapter-stops.
Can you tell me if this is a new release, and if these two features are present
David

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Originally Posted by David Weicker /t/324224/a-few-words-about-ella-enchanted-in-blu-ray#post_3984200
I had purchased the Alliance release a few years ago. While I liked the film and its presentation, the disc itself went beyond barebones - no menu and non-marked chapter-stops.
Can you tell me if this is a new release, and if these two features are present
David
Reasonably packed. Deleted and extended scenes. Feature commentary with O'Haver, Hathaway and Dancy, and more.

A solid release.

RAH

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
It starts out a little slow, but the second and third acts are quite entertaining (in a corny sort of way).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks