What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Election -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Election from Paramount, on Blu-ray for the first time, is inconceivably... a decade old.

It arrives on Blu with a nice looking transfer, retaining a good measure of the appearance of film, and doesn't appear to have been strained through any sort of heavy clean-up or grain reduction. Even the actual dirt built into the title sequence dupe has been left untainted, although I'm not certain if this is for better or worse.

Election has stood the test of time, and still plays beautifully. As an aside, I did a quick visit to IMDB to remind myself precisely where Election fit in with Mr. Payne's (Sideways) other credits, and found that in an odd turnabout, Sideways is being re-made...

in Japan.

Election is a no problem Blu-ray that comes Highly Recommended.

RAH

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Election is a highly intelligent film, about ... elections.
It may look like the usual school-flick on first sight, but it certainly isn't.

Great to have it available on BD, and an excellent version as well!

Cees

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
This will definitely be added to my collection. It is a brilliant film (and having been both a high school history teacher--I've moved up since then to college teaching--AND overseeing student elections, I found the movie very entertaining).

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I've always been meaning to watch this movie - will definitely check it out on BD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarikulkhain
Recent bookmarks