What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Catch Me If You Can -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Hard to believe that Steven Spielberg's Catch Me If You Can, is a decade old. And it holds up beautifully today.

I love going in to watch films absolutely cold and devoid of information. I've thus far done everything that I can to not read reviews of Lincoln, although I did see one interview with Sally Field. From what I can ascertain, the film has something to do with President Lincoln, and is based upon Team of Rivals. That's it.

I'd suggest the same type of reasonably scrupulous information aversion toward CMIYC, as the actually sitting down and viewing the film is a great deal of fun.

As to the Blu-ray's quality, one would hope that anything coming from Dreamworks would have the
requisite quality, and Paramount's new Blu-ray has this is spades. Just a beautiful image harvest for Blu-ray.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

Highly Recommended.

RAH

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Good to hear. I always enjoyed this movie and will pick it up at some point when the price drops a bit.

Reed Grele

Patron
Real Name
Reed Grele
One of my favorites. But were any of the extra features that were included on the 2 disc DVD ported over? According to Amazon: "Special Features = None". :(

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I enjoyed the movie when it came out. I read the book sometime after (and the next 2 as well) and I found it intresting that the movie was actually somewhat more tame than what happened in the book. For instance, he didn't forge his legal license in Lousianna. He took the bar exam twice-using the first time to find what he needed to work on, and passed it the second time, if I recall correctly. The two subsequent books are not novels. They are primers in how to recognize fraud and identity thieft. I thought they were very good, especially the second one, on fraud.
My sons told me this was the first DeCaprio movie (that he didn't die in) that they enjoyed after they saw it. I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I saw the film theatrically and thought it was passable entertainment. Got the DVD, sat down for a second viewing, never finished it. It's one of those films that has little re-watch value IMO. First Spielberg Blu upgrade I'll be passing on, I guess.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I only saw it first on cable, but I'm one who found it so incredibly delightful, and such a compelling story, that I immediately read the book and bought the DVD. I've watched it only once or twice since, so it always remained fresh for me. I'm very taken with Abagnale's story in the first place, but I also think the film is exceptionally inspired and a real delight in every way. I'll be more than happy to enjoy this on Blu-ray.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The thing that sticks with me more than the movie is the John Williams score, particularly the opening credits music. There's a fun, fresh, zany, almost retro feeling to it for me.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Reed Grele said:
One of my favorites. But were any of the extra features that were included on the 2 disc DVD ported over? According to Amazon: "Special Features = None". :(
My review copy has arrived and it appears all the extras are on here. I'll do a proper check when I watch to review.

sgtpepper

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris A.
My wife and I saw it theatrically and loved it from the beginning. It's been a few years since we've seen it, but we've watched it many times since we saw it in the theater. We'll have to upgrade to be Blu Ray in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hon04