What's new

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You obviously haven't been to any comic conventions. The dealers rooms are flooded with the things.

Ha, ha! That’s true! I was at the first two Silicon Valley Comic Cons then run by Steve Wozniak. Walking through the dealers room, I didn’t see anything like that, or maybe I just ignored it. :)

I’ll be picking this set up, so I guess it will be my first funko pop. Though it will likely just stay in the box.

buckmichaels

Agent
Real Name
Mike
I don't know, oh, dear God I hope not at that point it wouldn't be Looney Tunes. It just be the same watered-down force-fed crap that Cartoon Network is tried to shove down people's throats for the last 15 years
I appreciate Boomerang showing classic WB and MGM cartoons, I just don't like them stretched out to widescreen, if they weren't made that way. That's why I like buying these blu-rays, because they show the original aspect ratio, and often look better than the ones on tv. Also, there are a fair number of them they won't show due to objectionable content, and I understand why and don't have a problem with that.

yamato72

Agent
Real Name
Marc Fenneuff
View attachment 82416

MGM's Tom and Jerry are the category's most lauded animated series, winning seven Oscars and being nominated for a total of 13.

hope the day comes that they announce this again.

Thanks for posting this, I completely missed that Vol 1 was released. I just searched for and ordered it so maybe that will be the trigger that finally greenlights a Vol 2.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
I still have the Casablanca luggage tags from the disc set Also, quite useless during COVID.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I don’t seem to see any posts yet from people who received this set. I forgot it was released this past week.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
I don’t seem to see any posts yet from people who received this set. I forgot it was released this past week.

I have seen some posts over the internet from people who have received their sets, and the general consensus is that it is great even though a handful of cartoons have redone titles. That said, the sales of this set are perhaps being hampered by the number of people either waiting for a significant price drop or a non-junk version.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele

Amazon shipped mine along with a tube of thermal CPU paste. Supposedly delayed. Expected by Dec 8th.

B08CPC8LGK B011F7W3LU
Now expected December 5 - December 8

We’re very sorry your delivery is late. Most late packages arrive in a day. If you have not received your package by December 8, you can come back here the next day for a refund or replacement.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Amazon is using "weather in your area" as their latest excuse to delay delivery around here. The only weather in my area is light rain showers and perhaps a dusting of snow this evening. :rolleyes:

1607198311740.png

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the comments, I’ll Be curious to see the comments when you get the set. I’ll be ordering it too.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
My copy arrived yesterday.

I watched the first few shorts on Disc 1 yesterday, and they looked good to me.

I've had many other discs arrive this past week, so I haven't been able to deep-dive into this one.

And since I ofter disagree with other well known reviewer's low-grades, I am not not the best person to give the overly critical review many people seem to crave. I tend to like almost all the discs I own.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
For me, no new collection of Bugs Bunny is worth collecting without the classic 'Rhapsody Rabbit'. I wonder what that's still missing in action from Blu ray?
Yep, that would have been nice, but at least we finally got "Hare Splitter," which I've had to put up with on my Betamaxed-off-local-TV-station-16mm-film-chain version from a million years ago. At least "Rhapsody Rabbit" is the restoration, if in standard def, on the Looney Tunes Golden Collection 2 DVD set.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Yes, I have that collection. But I want it in Blu ray!
And also "The Heckling Hare", along with "Bad Luck Blackie" my all time favorite cartoon.

Though Rhapsody Rabbit rates very high as well. It's not every cartoon that gets it's very own James Agee review.

btw, has anyone noticed how very close--both visually and thematically, including a number of very similar gags--Rhapsody Rabbit is to the Oscar winning Tom & Jerry cartoon The Cat Concerto, made the following year?

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks