What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Brightburn -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The basic premise of David Yarovesky's Brightburn, a new 4k release from Sony sounds vaguely familiar.

A childless couple, on a farm in the mid-west, desperate to have a child, gets their wish when I capsule lands from outer space, carrying a very human-appearing small boy.

The boy grows, beloved of all, especially his "adoptive" parents, and grows powers, while his parents keep his background from him.

I'm certain that I've seen this before, but can't put my finger on it.

In this case, everything goes wrong, making Brightburn a wonderfully nihilistic, mean-spirited, and decidedly unpleasant film.

But there is a silver lining.

Decades from today, researchers will be able to screen it as a time capsule of our United States of America in 2019.

Sony's new 4k is a quality pressing, with nice color and huge sound, but it's a painful 90 minutes.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

RAH

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I heard it's not a pleasant film. I'll pass on the disc, but might purchase the 4K stream for $9.99.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
[Emily Letilla]Nevermind[/Emily Letilla]
Too much violins ...?
DGgVfhvUMAAmtM3.jpg
;)

stan heck11

Auditioning
Real Name
stan
The basic premise of David Yarovesky's Brightburn, a new 4k release from Sony sounds vaguely familiar.

A childless couple, on a farm in the mid-west, desperate to have a child, gets their wish when I capsule lands from outer space, carrying a very human-appearing small boy.

The boy grows, beloved of all, especially his "adoptive" parents, and grows powers, while his parents keep his background from him.

I'm certain that I've seen this before, but can't put my finger on it.

In this case, everything goes wrong, making Brightburn a wonderfully nihilistic, mean-spirited, and decidedly unpleasant film.

But there is a silver lining.

Decades from today, researchers will be able to screen it as a time capsule of our United States of America in 2019.

Sony's new 4k is a quality pressing, with nice color and huge sound, but it's a painful 90 minutes.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

RAH

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I want to talk to you how can I contact you? my e-mail is
That’s not how it works here Stan. If you have a question for RAH, post it in the appropriate thread and he’ll answer it or send him a private message if necessary (which I can’t imagine it would be).

Welcome to the forum. :)

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Also Stan, posting your email address in a public forum isn't a great idea. You (and @Tino) might want to edit your posts.

Reactions: PMF

Wayne Klein

Second Unit
I was excited to see this and really underwhelmed. It has some good moments but, yeah, as a mirror image of "Superman" it just doesn't make it for me. I felt it was too on the nose and that the tropes just didn't work here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks