What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Black Sails: The Complete Collection -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Lionsgate has re-issued its Black Sails Starz series - all four seasons - in a single boxed set, and the news is that they've packaged 12 discs in a space measuring just 1.125 inches.

For those who live by shelf space, that's a major achievement.

Those who know, and love the series, for all of its action, ribald content and superb digital effects, and have not ventured out to purchase the single seasons, can now own the entire series, for a paltry $46. What you'll lose in the 3D slipcovers, you'll make up in shelf space.

When a series comes to a close, I'm a huge fan of it being made available, not as re-packaged single sets, but re-imagined, as Lionsgate has now done with at least two examples.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby TrueHD 7.1)

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I'm in, having never seen the series on STARZ, but loving me a good pirate yarn. Now where's The Americans complete series set? I've held off watching that show to go through the complete series on BD.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I'm in, having never seen the series on STARZ, but loving me a good pirate yarn. Now where's The Americans complete series set? I've held off watching that show to go through the complete series on BD.

On Americans, only S1 was released on Blu. The rest were DVD. I’d love to see the entire series released on Blu.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Been waiting on the BD since S2. I figured maybe since it's now finished they might do a whole set rather than piecemeal.
I did buy the series on Digital a few months ago when they had some $25-30 deal I think. My wife got intrigued by our niece who wanted the DVD as a Christmas gift. I still find watching streaming services gives me a blinding HA after an hour or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAR
Recent bookmarks