What's new

A Few Words About A few words about…™ Beetlejuice - in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I did that for a while, but didn't notice any difference. The Samsung 4K player was kind of glitchy, so I switched back to my Sony blu-ray player. The 4K player is currently in storage.

Those of us who desired to support 4k early on, were forced to purchase those glitchy Samsung toys. They should never have bee released.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Oh for sure. It is such a visually dynamic film. I would have no qualms about upgrading whatsoever if I had a reasonable expectation of getting a 4K setup in the near future. Since I don't expect to do that, it's useless to me without an upgraded Blu-ray. But I'm sure people who can use the 4K will probably lobe it.

As some others, including RAH noted, you can always get a 4K player and just downconvert to your existing HD setup.

That's what I've been doing (w/ a sub-$200 player) not knowing when I might eventually upgrade my HT.

Thru my modest BenQ FP, the 4K disc downconverted can even look a smidge better than reference quality BDs like Braveheart. For movies that have plenty of high contrast scenes, you may have the option (in the downconversion... on a decent player anyway) to bring out some more of the highlight details otherwise typically lost on the BD.

Something worth considering especially since you mentioned you do already buy 4K+BD combo packs in some cases...

_Man_

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Warner's Atmos remixes on their catalogue titles are often better than many modern titles - looking forward to this.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I do not yet have this title in my library and am looking forward to picking this movie up on 4K blu-ray! :D

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Warner Bros. has let stuff out to Criterion before, from John Waters to Joan Crawford to The In-Laws.

But if we're getting more Tim Burton in 4k then I'll gladly be down for Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. Boy oh boy, do I miss that Tim Burton, and I say this as someone who went as Beetlejuice for Halloween in 1990. The elementary school I went to forbade Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, and Chucky the Doll as costumes, so that was as scary as I could get at age 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks